Anyone heard any more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's aliens man,,,,,,They wait till you get out there and they scoop you up. Body snachers

Any number of things could of caused this, my 1st thought was being hit by a ship. It could of been a mechanical problem resulting in a explosion or fire. I've always thought one of the reasons to have diesel power was the safety from fire or explosion & it seems this was a large enough boat to have likely been diesel. Rogue wave maybe, I really hope the coast guard comes up with some answers.

It's aliens man,,,,,,They wait till you get out there and they scoop you up. Body snachers

Swamp, you had the same insensitive type of response awhile ago when somebody's boat blew up. Is other people's misfortune a source of entertainment for you?

Swamp, you had the same insensitive type of response awhile ago when somebody's boat blew up. Is other people's misfortune a source of entertainment for you?
Ever watch the Comedy Channel???? ;)

Wow! Where did this come from?

Any number of things could of caused this, my 1st thought was being hit by a ship. It could of been a mechanical problem resulting in a explosion or fire. I've always thought one of the reasons to have diesel power was the safety from fire or explosion & it seems this was a large enough boat to have likely been diesel. Rogue wave maybe, I really hope the coast guard comes up with some answers.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]some of those sport fishers are gas and gas is highly explosive....opps, gas won't even burn but gasoline vapors are extremely explosive and do blow boats up. What happens often is there is raw gas in the bilge and when the air in the bilge reaches saturation which means the fuel vapor in the air is over the upper explosive limit so nothing happens. Nothing happens because the concentration is too high. Then when the engine is started nothing happens until the boat is run for a bit and the saturated mixture drops into the explosive range then a single spark and ka boom!! An average boats engine room would contain enough vapor to explode with the force of several sticks of dynamite.
If gasoline was being reviewed today as a new fuel source it would never meet EPA approval for use in boats. Diesel fuel on the other hand is very safe.

My guess is that they were hit by a ship unseen at night or they blew up

I'm a softy, I prayed for them last night[/FONT]

My mistake, another body in the water is funnier than I thought.

would it be funny if it were your body?

Maybe if your sadistic and captain of a super tanker or ferry you may enjoy seeing bodies in the water sitting four stories high or more on the bridge.
A toy boater like me has never seen humor in others misfortune

My point exactly, I don't think it's funny at all. mine was a sarcastic post. My point is that someone should not make a joke when there is a tragedy. There is no debate.

My point exactly, I don't think it's funny at all. mine was a sarcastic post. My point is that someone should not make a joke when there is a tragedy. There is no debate.

Completely agree Steve.

Then i took your comment the wrong way and apolojize for the error

Steve, I was talking about the 10 life jackets found. If I find issue with the story it probably because this could have been avoided. The boat was most likely on autopilot and the hopefully the man was alone. I see enough deaths right here in my town on the water every year because of stupidity. The guys boat that blew up was while they were taking on fuel? Im sure that could have been avoided. I may be insensitive but I don't like stupidity on water. There are no do overs on the water. Plenty of idiots on the dirt we don't need more in the water. Didn't mean to offend the collective but it's hard to feel bad for something that was preventable.

I agree that so many accidents/ tragedies can be prevented, but their occurrence should not negate compassion.

Interesting place for a battery box. Looks like some fresh (no-gel coat) glass work done on one of the pictures. Hard to imagine that no-one is stepping forward without some information.

Steve, I was talking about the 10 life jackets found. If I find issue with the story it probably because this could have been avoided. The boat was most likely on autopilot and the hopefully the man was alone. I see enough deaths right here in my town on the water every year because of stupidity. The guys boat that blew up was while they were taking on fuel? Im sure that could have been avoided. I may be insensitive but I don't like stupidity on water. There are no do overs on the water. Plenty of idiots on the dirt we don't need more in the water. Didn't mean to offend the collective but it's hard to feel bad for something that was preventable.

your right on the money Swampu and I thank you for your statement.

On the water your life can depend upon everything around you and if you have a flippant attitude like so many out there do you are on the road to disaster. I mentioned earlier that on the hard you break down all that happens is you boo hoo a bit and wait for a tow truck or other assistance. On the water its not usually that easy except maybe in southern California. I remember a few years back when a jet boat, one of those six inch above the water jobs with a blown 454 and weapers designed to make noise and go submarine at the smallest wake or wave disappeared by San Pedro. Three days later it was still missing and the seven, yes seven passengers on board were presumed dead. Well on that third day a trawler heading to Mexico found them all alive and well just a bit hungry and thirsty having only booze on board. Only down there are the seas ever so calm for that long to allow a boat of this type to be even operated at sea. They were drifting in the current without radio life preservers or anything. They stated they just went out to have fun and the motor quit. unbelievable story but true

.... I don't like stupidity on water. There are no do overs on the water. Plenty of idiots on the dirt we don't need more in the water....
"There are old sailors, and there are bold sailors, but there are no old bold sailors" Anon.

Back
Top Bottom