Hours on non Lehman engines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Original 1977 Perkins 4.236 85 HP naturals with 2700 hrs on the hour meter. I've owned the boat for 5 1/2 years and have added 550 hours to the meter in that time.

"Working" about at the same rate. Reached 200 hours after 20 months on the JD 4045. Goal is to double that rate.

For every hour of engine run time, I probably enjoy another 5-6 hours of fun onboard. Love my time fishing at anchor and cruising with friends!

For every hour of engine run time, I probably enjoy another 5-6 hours of fun onboard. Love my time fishing at anchor and cruising with friends!

Yeah, for every day "running" spend two days on the Coot berthed.

Hendo...did you have the crankshaft main journals ground? That is a Perkins weakness. I know of several Perkins engines that were rebuilt (by reputable dealers) with regrinding and the longevity is not so good.

Nope. The only machining was on the head mounting faces. :) thanks for the tip tho ;-)

Mark wrote;

"Yeah, for every day "running" spend two days on the Coot berthed."

and ""Working" about at the same rate. Reached 200 hours after 20 months on the JD 4045. Goal is to double that rate.

To do that Mark you better stop that maintenance and keep on trawl'in.

My 1991 Perkins 6.354.4 has zero hours now she's been fully stripped and rebuilt with genuine Perkins parts and has an alloy sump pan. I'm stoked after reading this thread. Wooh Hoo :-D

Just gotta finish building the boat now :-/ lol[/QUOTE
]:rofl:.............Hendo thats funny.....Most build the boat first then the motor but not you mate, you build the motor then the boat.....:D.......cant wait for the smoke and float test...:popcorn:......:cool:

As gentle and graceful as an elephant in a china store! Lol

Now is that anyway to talk about your labor of love?....I hope she didn't hear that or she may decide to teach you all about elephants in china stores..........:rofl:.......:whistling:

Now is that anyway to talk about your labor of love?....I hope she didn't hear that or she may decide to teach you all about elephants in china stores..........:rofl:.......:whistling:

Hahaha it's like when you joke with ya mates about how tuff you are when your misses says to do something but when it's just you and ya misses its like, oh I love you sugar plumb sweetheart hahaha.

Hahaha it's like when you joke with ya mates about how tuff you are when your misses says to do something but when it's just you and ya misses its like, oh I love you sugar plumb sweetheart hahaha.

Hey I don't know about you, but I always get the last 2 words in during an argument with the misses...even if they are "yes dear". :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom