Will We Ever Get To The Bahamas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy Smoke, was Beach House outa here this morning. Seems Suzan gave Capt. Chuck the green light for the crossing, and the last thing I heard was Suzan yelling "Full Throttle". I never saw a 34 Marine Trader on plane before. Anyway, good luck to the Beach House crew. Great having you here!

Larry, you're dangerous!:D

Many thanks Larry. All tied up at The Big Game Club in Bimini, FINALLY. Not that we didn't thoroughly enjoy the company. Let the fun begin. Chuck

Chuck if you guys come back through Miami, give me a call. It was great meeting you. I mentioned your book over on the Cruisers Forum and there was some interest. I also mentioned that I thought you were working on a book of anchorages in the Bahamas. It was said that that statement was a bit of an oximoron.

Thanks Parks, I'll have to look up the thread. They won't let me mention the book unless I pay. We will give you a shout if we get back to Miami. W already have a waiting list for copies of the Bahamas book. Yes everyone anchors over here, but there is little information on the details of the many anchorages. Chuck

I just saw the photo Healhustler posted and I have to say, we were much more up on plane than the photo indicates. We're kind of stuck in Bimini now and the weather windows won't give us enough time to get across the Banks comfortably. A few other boats here also waiting and waiting. We get a partial day then 25 to 30 winds for 3 to 4 days then the cycle starts all over. I don't understand why anyone would go to Cat/Gun to clear in and not come here instead. It's a fun place to be stuck. Chuck

DSC09385.jpg

Be careful, Bimini can have a Velcro effect. Where are you there?

What more detail are you looking for beyond the Explorer Charts and the good works of Steve Dodge?

Be careful, Bimini can have a Velcro effect. Where are you there?

What more detail are you looking for beyond the Explorer Charts and the good works of Steve Dodge?

We're at the Bimini Big Game Club with friends. This isn't our first rodeo so other than charts, we pretty much do our own thing. What I need is a two day weather window and a return to the normal easterly winds. These north and northwest 25 to 30 every other day is keeping us in port. It can't last forever. Chuck

Greetings,
The heck with the Velcro effect. It's the Kalik, Bahama Momma and the Goombay Smash effect! Stay out of the bar at the end of the world....Never know WHAT will fall from the heavens....

I could think of some worse places to be stuck, but I thought you'd be in the Exumas by now. You could always come back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom