Woodie GB as First Live Aboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While you're looking check out Daddyo's site, Grace Yatching, and look at the 42' Carver. I know the guy that owns it and I know its turn key. Maybe a little more money but you never know what happens. The boat is in Hopewell Va about hour and a half from you.Larry

Last edited:
Just looked myself. Listing must have expired but if interested in a 42' carver motoryatch with twin cummins let me know. I can arrange a viewing.Larry

I suspect taking on an old woodie will be a huge burden you don`t need.
Something newer and fibreglass will be quite enough to maintain.
I would discount the Carver because of the gas engines, but that`s just me. Others love them,they scare me.

Well, the romance is all gone. I went back today w/o broker and no appointment. Yeah, it's too much for me. I decided to spend a little time and give the Trojan 32' sedan a second look. After all this, it doesn't look that bad. (god that's how I wanna describe my next home and boat. ) Anyway, gonna go w broker tomorrow and check it out. Tonignt my friends guiness and blue moon are hanging witj me on my cuddy enjoying beautiful weather and a full moon.

I wanna stay on the water. I really like the trawlers. We'll see where I land.

tha ks to everyone for the help.

Well, the romance is all gone. Yeah, it's too much for me. I wanna stay on the water. I really like the trawlers. We'll see where I land.

Whew! I hope you know that you really dodged a bullet! :peace:

Strongly consider the size of your work shop before buying. It is very uncomfortable to store all your tools in your living space. In my opinion no work shop equals no project boat I have done booth ways. I work part time for a company that has water front shops for that reason.

For a liveaboard there are a few things that if a boat has makes it much more comfortable. A transom door doesn't sound like a big deal. But when trying to load groceries, laundry or a dog a transom door becomes a very option. Larger tankage, water & holding means less trips to the pump out. Filling & using water from the onboard tank keeps it fresh so when anchored out there is a supply of fresh clean water. A bigger boat will have a larger fridge, this makes for fewer trips to the market, I've had both & size does matter. Also a decent amount of counter space makes preparing a meal much easier. A water heater large enough for a decent shower, 11 gallon on last 2 boats seem to work well, even when giving 3 grandkids baths. A berth configuration that seems to me best for liveaboard is a centerline queen, much easier to make up the bed when you can get around both sides. Had a mid berth & it's a pia to change sheets & blanket when your on the bed.

For a liveaboard there are a few things that if a boat has makes it much more comfortable. A transom door doesn't sound like a big deal. But when trying to load groceries, laundry or a dog a transom door becomes a very option. Larger tankage, water & holding means less trips to the pump out. Filling & using water from the onboard tank keeps it fresh so when anchored out there is a supply of fresh clean water. A bigger boat will have a larger fridge, this makes for fewer trips to the market, I've had both & size does matter. Also a decent amount of counter space makes preparing a meal much easier. A water heater large enough for a decent shower, 11 gallon on last 2 boats seem to work well, even when giving 3 grandkids baths. A berth configuration that seems to me best for liveaboard is a centerline queen, much easier to make up the bed when you can get around both sides. Had a mid berth & it's a pia to change sheets & blanket when your on the bed.

And remember, you will not always want to be sleeping alone.

Marty..........................:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom