Navnet 3D MFD 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PierreOlivier

Vessel Name
Cap Trinite
Vessel Make
Monk 36
Hello everyone. I want to install a Navnet 3D MFD 12 on the flybridge and place a 24" LCD inside wich would be controlled via a wireless mouse connected to the Navnet. Anyone with this kind of installation or any suggestion ? Thanks !

I've got 4 MFD12s networked, but no mouse. Are you sure you can do everything with just a mouse? I've just never tried it.

Much works fine on the MFD12, but there are a lot of bugs too, and all appearances are that Furuno doesn't plan to fix them. Their last update to the firmware was over 2 years ago, and all their attention appears to be on the TZ models now which get updated regularly. I've been pretty disappointed with my NN3D system and am switching to Simrad on my new boat.

Here's a link to our blog talking about it. Adventures of Tanglewood: Electronic Plotters There are a few other posts later on which provide further info.

This is all just one person's experience, so judge for yourself.

Also, you should go to the Furunousa.com web site and go look at the support forum. Read through the section on Navnet 3D, especially the parts asking when the next fw release is coming to fix the bugs. There are some very unhappy customers, many much more so than me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom