Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
Brooksie
Guru

City: Cape Cod, MA
Vessel Name: Island Seeker
Vessel Model: Willard 36 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Rocks View Post
Thanks all. I do have a low spot between the muffler(s) and the injection elbow. Because I have an aft cabin there isn't a great place to route the hose to allow a proper slope between the injection elbow and the transom. Still scratching my head trying to figure out if I can do it without a water lift muffler. The exhaust line is so long and so big (4") that I think I would need pretty large water lift mufflers to hold all that water (which is why I was asking if smaller hose would be ok). I really appreciate the discussion and have gotten a couple of ideas to look at.
I think 3" hose would be fine and maybe 2-1/2", I could look it up. But will either size allow you to get rid of the low spot in the engine space? If it will, I think that is the best answer.
Remember, even with a waterlift fitted, if the trip to the transom is uphill, water entering while moored/anchored will still roll down into the waterlift and after filling it, you are back where you started. But, and this is the good part, with a waterlift you can have a gooseneck at the transom to prevent water from entering in the first place which, without the waterlift you can not have.
Brooksie is offline   Reply With Quote