Thanks for the iPad fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Thanks much for the new version of the Trawler Forum app that works with the later IOS.

Thanks much for the new version of the Trawler Forum app that works with the later IOS.
Marin, I've tried to download it several times, but nothing happens. Do you have to have a sim card in the iPad before it will load? I mean to get one eventually, mainly for the navigating benefit in the car - don't need it at sea, but have an iPhone as well, so haven't felt the real need so far.

Marin, what benefit is there to the app over just viewing on the web??

The text is much easier to read and it's a simpler interface. I use mine in meetings all the time on my iPhone and iPad.

Marin, what benefit is there to the app over just viewing on the web??

Only one, and that is that you can't (so far as I've been able to determine) attach photos as thumbnails to posts using an iPad and accessing TF on the web. But if you use the TF app on the iPad, you can attach photos from the iPad's photos app as thumbnails in a post.

When I'm edting at work, traveling or directing on location, or not on my computer at home my iPad is generally the only on-line device I have other the my company Blackberry. Usually I just use the web version of TF on the iPad. But if I want to attach a photo I used the TF iPad app.

Marin, I've tried to download it several times, but nothing happens. Do you have to have a sim card in the iPad before it will load?.

Beats the hell out of me. I don't know how iPads work in other countries. I have an AT&T, wifi/3G, 64 gig, iPad II. I waited for the iPad III but it didn't offer any operational advantage to over the iPad II so I got a new, still-in-stock black II for a bunch of hundred dollars less than a new iPad III.

The improved TF app showed up automatically the other day in my AppStore Update section so all I did was hit the "Update" button. It loaded and that was that.

I don't think you would need a Sim card because I installed it yesterday on my I Pad and I Pod Touch and the touch certainly does not have a sim card. I did however have to delete some music to free up some memory on the touch. Could you be out of memory PeterB???

No way Allan. It is new, and has virtually nothing saved, and has. 32 Gb. I'll try again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom