Learn from "Professionals"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
On September 10th, 2012, a New York Port Authority boat sank in New York bay after a police officer opened an underwater inspection hatch while underway. The 37 foot boat was purchased in 2008 for $500,000. After the sinking, the manufacturer sent a warning letter to Moose Boats customers warning them not to remove the Hamilton Jet impeller inspection hatch while the vessel is in the water as it is below the waterline by several inches. No lives were lost as, being professionals, all aboard were wearing life jackets.

The company I work for did the salvage on the boat. The cops were rather embarrassed about the whole incident.

I bet that cop had to clean out his britches afterwards...

I bet that cop had to clean out his britches afterwards...

Probably on overtime .

Or he simply retired at full pay from the "stress" of the job.

Was it the police boat that sank or was a boat they were inspecting? How would that work, if they are looking for "weed" and somehow cause your vessel to sink. Would they be liable?

Was it the police boat that sank or was a boat they were inspecting? How would that work, if they are looking for "weed" and somehow cause your vessel to sink. Would they be liable?

They'd probably send you a bill for raising, disposal and environmental clean up.

Back
Top Bottom