Nordhavn 62, North Vancouver, BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nemier

Vessel Name
INFINITY ∞
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 62
Hello Trawler Forum,
This is my first post here, and just wanted to say 'Hi!'
My wife and I have recently purchased a Nordhavn 62, and we'll start distance travelling perhaps Fall, 2013.

Looking forward to listening & learning in anything the forum can provide.
Thank you for the opportunity to be here... :thumb:

Regards,
Andy

Andy& Julie Nemier
N6218 INFINITY ∞
nemier(at)fastmail.fm

Cool boat Andy, welcome. You both must be very exited.

Thanks for the Welcome Swampu.
We are indeed very excited! Had to sell the 'farm' to purchase her, but no regrets. A new life chapter coming up, a dream coming true. :)

Welcome Andy, good to see you posting it would appear you have been on board for a while.
Know of you from the "Dreamers"site.
N 62 one of my favourites.
Cheers
Benn
MV Tidahapah

Last edited:
Hello Trawler Forum,
My wife and I have recently purchased a Nordhavn 62, and we'll start distance travelling perhaps Fall, 2013.

Regards,
Andy

Andy& Julie Nemier
N6218 INFINITY ∞
nemier(at)fastmail.fm

welcome aboard:thumb:...nice boat. Where is your first port of destination?

Best wishes

Hi there from north coast BC :)

welcome aboard:thumb:...nice boat. Where is your first port of destination?

Best wishes

The plan is to tootle round the San Juans & Gulf Islands this spring to get to know the boat and exercise all her systems. Then head up to Alaska in the summer. If all goes well, all systems working, all spares in place and we both feel up-to-it, we'll head South. First stop San Francisco, then San Diego, then Ensenada for fuel. Ultimate destination for 2013 Cabo San Lucas. I'd like to spend a season in the Sea of Cortez. From there? Who knows? We either keep heading South towards Panama or hang a right & motor towards French Polynesia. Either way, it's all good. I'm guessing the decision will come to us naturally though. :D

Very nice boat!

Best travels and welcome to the zoo!

If you get accross the gulf, please look us up, we're in Seward Alaska

Thanks for the invite Kevin,
We would love to throw the hook down in Seward & welcome you aboard. :thumb:

The plan is to tootle round the San Juans & Gulf Islands this spring to get to know the boat and exercise all her systems. Then head up to Alaska in the summer. If all goes well, all systems working, all spares in place and we both feel up-to-it, we'll head South. First stop San Francisco, then San Diego, then Ensenada for fuel. Ultimate destination for 2013 Cabo San Lucas. I'd like to spend a season in the Sea of Cortez. From there? Who knows? We either keep heading South towards Panama or hang a right & motor towards French Polynesia. Either way, it's all good. I'm guessing the decision will come to us naturally though. :D

Oh to be able to do that......
Congrats and take care...

Oh to be able to do that......
Congrats and take care...

Thanks Peter,
I have been planning this in some form or other, for quite some time. It's only recently that everything has come together. I just started writing up a maintenance schedule for the boat in Excel, and that task alone is quite onerus...but I'm enjoying it as I go along. :)

Andy & Julie
Welcome to TF. Once you get going down South, come around the Magellan and then up to Brazilian Coast. I'll be here ready to head North.

Be Happy

Portuguese

Welcome Aboard,
I met one of your sister ships in San Jose Del Cabo in December... that is a great boat ( actually mini ship ) ,the 62 has a totally cool look.
You made a great decision as my experience aboard Nordhavn's has shown them to be really great boats..and built like tanks.
I imagine you are already hooked into the Nordhavn owners network?.. they are a very supportive group and pass along a wealth of information to their group
Have fun with the new endevour
HOLLYWOOD

WOW, she is beautiful, wishing you lots of years of enjoyment on her!
Steve W

sounds pretty grand to me:thumb:..I've been running my life that way for the last couple of years, go where i wish, doing what i what, but not on a scale as grand as yours...:).....I decided to buy a trawler cause i had been doing lots of rockfishing and they seemed like good solid seaworthy vessels. Now the forums have got me thinking i should look for something with a greater range than 1200nm and head down towards cabo. Guess for the west coast 1200nm range is fine.
Keep in touch, this forum is the best.

Wow guys,
Lots of replies! You all have made me feel welcome here, so thank you for that! :)

Hollywood,
Yes, we are on the Nordhavn owners list and you are right, the wealth of information and support there is fantastic, and actually one of the reasons why we chose 'Nordhavn'. We could have gone anyway. Anyway, I'm always looking for more information and just love talking boats which is why I wanted to start participating here (Glad I did! :thumb:)

Welcome nemier. What adventures await on that lovely boat! A proven passagemaker for sure. I will be looking for you on the East Coast.

Absolutely awesome Nordy. Welcome to the Forum. It's great to have such a capable ship to produce options like "South towards Panama or hang a right & motor towards French Polynesia". I love the '62.

My scandahoovian heritage makes me all giddy around aft pilothouse boats. Great boat, great dream. Welcome!

If you see a little blue Nordic Tug puttering around the Strait of Georgia, it may well be me.

Moonstruck,
We plan on cruising up the East Coast sometime in the future, most likely after spending some time in the Caribbean. A few years away yet, but it's a dream of mine to travel the ICW, & later on transit past the Statue of Liberty. We may have a Blog organized by then, but we may continue to post here too.
Hope to see you on the Right Coast!

Sailor of Fortune, Portuguese, Steve, Bfloyd4445, & Healhustler
Many thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Northern Spy,
We'll be in & around the 'Strait for the next 6 months. We'll look out for ya - there'll be a cool one waiting for you. :thumb:

Just a Hi 5 from a nieghbor ( kinda ) moored on the Fraser River. If you see an old fishboat prowling by that 62 good chance its me being a dreamer. Love that plan.

Hey Invader No. 1 :thumb:
You're just a stone's throw away...
...Same goes to you buddy, if you see us with the hook down, please feel free to dinghy over and say hello. Chances are, I'll have a bottle of Red, or a few beers 'a chillin' and you're most welcome to join us. :D

Welcome to TF. Very nice boat you have there and it's capable of going anywhere your hearts take you.

On your way south along the coast, consider a trip up the Columbia to where it joins the Snake. Some pretty country up here.

My scandahoovian heritage makes me all giddy around aft pilothouse boats. Great boat, great dream. Welcome! ..........

Me too. You own my dream boat. Congrats.

Nothing to add, just drooling over the picture of that N62. My dream boat for sure. Welcome, and ENJOY!

Thanks Guys :thumb:
I attached a couple more photo's
(I'm quite proud of the boat :) )

*she's Canadian Registered now.

Regards,
Andy

Attachments

• new boat docked at home.jpg
    new boat docked at home.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 388
  • Infinity (Patty M).jpg
    Infinity (Patty M).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 584
Hello Trawler Forum,

Regards,
Andy

Andy& Julie Nemier
N6218 INFINITY ∞
nemier(at)fastmail.fm

There were a couple of NH 47's we kept bumping into in the Pacific. Plus we met a NH 42 called Egret that was sailing around the world- last I knew he was in Argentina. You have a great boat for what you are doing- as I'm sure you know! Best wishes in whatever you do.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom