Ignore User Feature on TF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I am all paranoid.:eek:

Am I on anyones ignore list.:nonono:

I don't think I could deal with that:hide:

SD

So, let me get this straight

Mr. Skippy wanted to know if he was on anyone’s ignore list
If he was, they would never know that he asked (they’re ignoring him).
So he would never know.

Or

If I was on bobofthenorths “ignore list”, he wouldn’t know if I knew that he was ignoring me. He would never read my response, so he would never know that I even asked.

What happens if I put bobofthenorth on my list (I don’t have one). Do we negate each other?

What happens if you get on one of the administrator’s or moderators list? Will you never be heard from again?

If the OP of a thread is on my list, do I not get to see the entire thread?

Next Mr. Orwell, you’re going to tell me that they screen our posts before they post them.

It increases my paranoia, like looking in the mirror and seeing a police car.

Signed
Perennialy Confoosed
KJ

KJ-- my guess is that if someone on your ignore list starts a thread, the thread will show up on your computer the first time someone other than the OP responds to it.

And posts can get screened and held. I believe this mainly occurs when a thread has taken a turn for the worse or a post is deemed to be of a commercial nature.

Last edited:
Actually its not a problem because he's not on my ignore list.

Very true. My list,of one troll stalker, still involved balancing plus and minus.
Just to be on the safe side, in addition to putting my own name on the Ignore list, I am adding all you lot.

Can't be too careful.

Last edited:
Actually its not a problem because he's not on my ignore list.

Hypothetically then, if he was on your ignore list and he posted a response to you as the OP, would just you not see the post or would all readers not see it? Or can you only ignore someone if they are the OP?

If you put someone on your ignore list only you will not see any of that person's posts. Everyone else will see them unles they've put the same person on their own ignore lists.

You won't see the posts of the ignored, but you see that they posted a response, and you have the option of seeing the post or removing the individual from the ignore list.

Putting someone on the ignore list protects your sanity. Everyone else is unprotected unless they take similar action.

639 more posts and this will be as dumb as the Single vs Twins thread. Oh no wait it is already in just 41 posts.

I haven't ignored so many members since that volleyball tournament on Vancouver's Wreck Beach :D

(Wreck Beach - famous nudey beach)

And you just added post #41. You can ignore a thread as well, you know.

I've turned off my ignore list as I'm curious to read what the anti-social, non-polite, "pain-in-the-..." is up to.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. It'll be nice to know you can see my posts again :)

You KNOW it wasn't you. Just my attempt to keep on a smooth, "even keel."

img_133331_0_36b629df1f40d5dd5c2816882c464e05.jpg

What's going on? I can't see any of these posts!!!:confused:

Mark it's nice to see someone else leaves their fenders adrift too. It looks like your orange guy is at least nice and clean. Personally I can't handle the orange colored ones. These guys can be hard on anything less than neat and tidy.

Several years ago I would have liked to have the ignore feature. Good thing this post isn't important. I wonder how many can see it. I'm probably on a few ignore lists but my friends more than make up for that. So now getting a bit of flack is even a bit positive.

I would have expected Eric to be responding to this thread :rolleyes:

Might want to start ignoring me.....I'm thinking of starting to add meaningless replies to every thread so I can get to guru status or to my real goal of the title BANNED.

You're bad.

Back
Top Bottom