View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #771
RickB
Scraping Paint

City: Fort Lauderdale
Vessel Model: CHB 48 Zodiac YL 4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Did I say cylinder lubricant? I think I said that diesel fuel is not only a fuel but acts as a lubricant inside the engine.
Yes you did, post # 744:

"If the mixture is lean the result is less hp and more engine wear due to lack of lubrication."

Quote:
Dosen't the fuel act as a lubricant for the injectors and some valve train components?
Only in the injection system. Why do you think it lubricates "some" of the valve train?

Quote:
Now correct me if I'm wrong, I'm learning, well attempting to anyway. A diesel engine is really just a pump and each stroke it will result in the intake of the same cylinder volume. Since each stroke will result in the same intake volume how exactly does the throttle work?
Keep learning but stop posting nonsense as if you knew what it meant or was true.

The "throttle" on a mechanically injected diesel (with a very few exceptions) is merely a lever connected to a another lever that applies or removes spring tension from a component of the governor that converts centrifugal force into mechanical motion that in turn controls the amount of fuel injected.

On an electronic diesel, it changes a setpoint in the feedback loop that measures and adjusts rpm.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote