View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #60
swampu
Guru

City: Biloxi, MS
Vessel Name: Cajun Rose
Vessel Model: Biloxi Lugger
Maybe I should elaborate on what and where and why. I love the blanket comments on the best and no other. Where does it stop, the best today will be second best next year. The bilge will always be tinned wire, I've got tons of wiring to do in the cabin (wall area) specifically. I am guessing from some of your comments that non-tinned wire will explode in the wall and burn the boat down. I am not going to use romex or solid copper wire. I was asking if non tinned stranded wire would be an option and if anyone else has done that. My ac unit on the top side is a regular house pac unit and not marinized at all, should I cut it off and toss it because it's not the best? I am replacing all the windows with safety glass because I place that higher on the "to do list" I don't want to end up with a p.o.s. boat but I would like to use it one day and I am not going to skimp on everything.
While I am getting kicked around here are some more skimps I plan on:
1. Florescent lights in the bilge will be el' cheepo with plastic covers. (for now just to get rid of the string lights)
2. Pex for the water lines?
3. Copper line for the fuel (flared fittings)
4. Cheep used (400lb) ice maker on the roof.
swampu is offline   Reply With Quote