View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #5
Phuket
Veteran Member

RE: Progress Thai trawler

A quick update to say my trawler is now floating again and happily swinging on it's regular mooring.* All went smoothly with the launch, the hull is completely dry and will hopefully stay that way........* Only hiccup was in all the rush after the late decision to change engine, gearbox and prop somehow we endedup with the wrong rotation prop!

Engine is a Ford Sabre 80hp turning clockwise when viewed from the front end, so anti-clockwise at the flywheel.* Gearbox is a Velvet Drive 72C 2.9:1 that turns in forward the same direction as the engine.* Prop is right handed and should be left handed!* In the rush I just left the prop up to the machine shop and never checked on engine rotation!

So need to find another prop, luckily local fishing boat style props are cheap here.* Then beach the boat, again luckily have a good spot very close to my mooring, while I swap the props.*

Now I can take my time to start modifying cabin and installing electrics, fuel and water tanks etc etc.* With plenty of local daytrips thrown in to keep the kids happy and interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00813.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	921   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00822.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	922  
Phuket is offline   Reply With Quote