Trent Severn and Rideau Canal price increases

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaBomba

Guru
Vessel Name
Looking Glass
Vessel Make
Carver 370 Voyager
Parks Canada is about ready to solidify proposed price increases for locking through on both the Trent Severn Waterway and the Rideau Canal. Fee increases will see most individual, 6 day or seasonal passes increase by nearly 100% or more in some cases. eg. Seasonal currently $8.80/ft. to proposed $15.00/ft. For those that may be thinking of cruising this way please keep this in mind. Attached are the links for the proposed increases and where you will find the fees when they have been finally set.

Parks Canada - Fees - Appendix 3

Trent Severn Waterway Schedule and Fees |=| TheWaterway.ca |=|

Hey Bomba, vote with your feet, NYS Canal System is almost five times bigger than the Trent Severn and for our 40' boat costs $100.00 for a seasons pass which includes docking at all locks, free docks at every small town, fuel is 20% cheaper and rum is $12.49 for 1.75 liters.

Take a look at Cruising the New York State Canals. We spent all of last August in there and it's amazing. We have cruised the system many times and don't understand why we don't see more Canadians.

The Rideau is very charming and very pretty. Cheap it ain't.
It's completely different from the Erie/Oswego which has it's own charm.

I don't think it makes much of a difference. It's only a one time season pass. As long as they don't cut hours, maintenance or staffing.

The Rideau is very charming and very pretty. Cheap it ain't.
It's completely different from the Erie/Oswego which has it's own charm.

I don't think it makes much of a difference. It's only a one time season pass. As long as they don't cut hours, maintenance or staffing.

A one month cruise on a 40' boat adds up to an over $1,267.00 difference and thats before you figure in the cheaper fuel, $12.49 for 1.75 litres of spiced rum vs. $60.00 and 30 cans of beer for under $15.00 vs. $40.00 and lock keepers who are actually happy to see you.
I'll take my money to NY :thumb:

Hey Bomba, vote with your feet, NYS Canal System is almost five times bigger than the Trent Severn and for our 40' boat costs $100.00 for a seasons pass which includes docking at all locks, free docks at every small town, fuel is 20% cheaper and rum is $12.49 for 1.75 liters.

Take a look at Cruising the New York State Canals. We spent all of last August in there and it's amazing. We have cruised the system many times and don't understand why we don't see more Canadians.

It will hurt the little guys more that just want to go thru 1 or 2 locks at about $35 per lock each way and just for a day cruise. For me, I would have to go from Simcoe to Trenton on the TSW to get to the NYS Canal system so I will still need to buy the season's pass. They are talking of cutting hours but I understand that they may even try to give better service. What that means I don't know, will have to wait and see. We will use it regardless, it's a nice cruise.:whistling:

Many of the Corps of Engineers locks will see a cut in hours this season. The Corps is already working on it and from what I've seen the lower the traffic count through the lock, the shorter the working day will be.

The trick with the Rideau is the DAY PASS.

AS most of the time is spent between locks , enjoying the many lakes , there is zero reason to pay to move every day.

Wife just bought our pass for this 2013 season...same price as last year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom