Galveston,Tx.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
Harborwalk Marina.....$1.99....not bad!

-- Edited by Baker at 12:32, 2009-02-11

Baker wrote:

Harborwalk Marina.....$1.99....not bad!

I also met a girl last night that sells bulk fuels for one of the large distributor companies.* SHe said if you buy a whole truck you can get it for $1.37 plus transportation costs.
John, can you send me her name and number? Online or offline if you prefer.

Keith, I got your email. My email is screwed up right now and I can recieve, but not send. I do not know her number. I might be able to dig her up because she was a friend of a friend of a friend type of deal. That price was based on a whole truck.....I think she said 8000 gallons. She also said that was straight wholesale so I don't know what it would take for you to get that rate or if they would hike it a little for a more retail sale.

My whole reason for asking the question was just wondering how bad they were screwing us at the pump. I knew we were taking it pretty good.

That's cheaper than my marina can buy it right now. I would like her name and number to give to them. Possible good client for her. Send me a private note on here if you like. Thanks!

Paging John Baker... anybody out there?

He´s in Costa Rica on a little surf trip! I am thinkin´he´ll get in touch with you when he gets back after the weekend....
smile.gif

Baker, did you ever get that girl's name and number?

Nope. It is the GF of an acquaintance. I have left him messages on other forums and no response. She was aprehensive when she told me that figure(it is likely more now). She is not supposed to divulge that sort of information. SHe also told me that was her lowest price for her absolutely best customers. ANyway, I will keep trying. There is a very real chance your party is a customer of hers since she works for one of the leading distributors.

PS....as you can imagine, if your marina is a customer of her company, then she could get in trouble if they were to come back at her and ask why they weren't getting the lowest rate.* So it was my bad for posting and the rate has been edited out.

-- Edited by Baker at 12:31, 2009-02-11

Back
Top Bottom