Exterior Rear Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
Anyone having any luck with a remote exterior camera with pilothouse or flybridge display ? As it is now I have no clear view behind the lower section of my boat from either driving station. I understand other options might be another driving station in the rear or a wireless remote, but without the limitless budget, figured a camera would be cheaper option. Today I always have the admiral standing at the rear of the flybridge or with the headsets she could be in the cockpit.

Looking for something wireless for both power and communications, that I can run over my existing wireless network. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mark

Mine is wired. It is a reverse image camera.

I go it from Garmin and it was just plug and play.

SD

We used to have a 33 ft. fifth wheel trailer and had a wireless unit installed on it so we could see the boat that we towed behind it which wasn't visible in the mirrors. It was 12volt and worked great. Have a look in any RV store, there are a number of different cameras out there.

We also have a wired Garmin reverse image camera. It is mounted about halfway up the mast and has a good view of the aft deck. Here is the link to a post from another thread.

Trawler Forum - View Single Post - Do you really need a lower helm?

It was easy to install and plugs straight into the chartplotter.

At the time, I could not find any wireless cameras that fit our needs. The cameras are only wireless on image transmission side. They still need a power cable (which we did not have a good source for). A wireless camera would not connect to our chart plotter and we did not want to have to use a PC or a separate display to view the video.

I use a system designed for tractors. Its 12vdc and rugged.

Field Tuff AgSafe200 Wireless Camera Monitoring System

I have a Speco CVC-627MR. Got it from tselectronic.com/

CVC627 Waterproof Color Bullet Day/Night Camera with IR LEDs | tselectronic.com

Talk to George The link is to the Camera CVC-627 but you want a CVC-627MR which is the reverse image. It's just like looking off the transom.

With the extension cable all you do is connect to the imput on your CP and ad 12V to the red and blk wire from under the instrument panel.

Attachments

• 1300482677758.jpg
    1300482677758.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 1300482653645.jpg
    1300482653645.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 63
I added a 12volt unit from Amazon to show my engine room while underway, so it had a wide angle infra red camera and it came with a 5 or 6 inch inch screen that I inset into a panel above the lower helm and it also tied into the flybridge Raymarine unit. Can also take a second camera if needed.

Cost was less than a $100 - $125 including monitor very happy with it especially for price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom