SF Restaurant hull

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm, I'd guess that below the waterline is a whole world of water!

Greetings,
Never been there but this thing is on a hull of some sort. Anybody know anything about what's below the water line?
Dining on the world's only floating island | Watch the video - Yahoo! Shine Canada

Old Barge??

We had one visit New Bern NC just this fall. It was full of Art Studios and paintings. It looked like it was a converted 200' barge that had a pointed ships bow added and upper decks as well. In fact it was built from the beginning to be this ugly.

SeaFair is a 231x46x13

It stayed in New Bern for about a week and then left to go to Miami where it was is a Jewelry Store. All of the art is loaded and then off loaded. So when she is under way there is no art on board. My guess is they do the same with the Jewelery.

Vickie and I have dined on Forbes Island in the past but never gave a thought about its construction. We plan to head that way in February (it's situated between Piers 39 and 41 on San Francisco's Embarcadero). I'll ask a lot of questions and report back.

Can you imagine submitting a plan to to the City of San Francisco to build a structure like that in this day and age? Impossible!

Last edited:
If you're having wine with your dinner, better budget $100 or so for each person.

Much more reasonable than the bill I was presented at the Flat Iron Steak House at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas last year. :eek: :eek: Let's just say we won't be dining there again in this lifetime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom