Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #94
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
You're absolutely correct, my apologies. "So we can take it" is an assumption on your part, not an opinion. So I'll rephrase my response. "Your assumption is as much a guess as anyone else's' who doesn't work for the company. Which means that your assumption is irrelevant, etc., etc., etc."

More better?
Not really. Look up assumption and then question. Hell even you with an opinion on everything knows that an assumption is not the same as a question.

Here let me help you.

ques·tion

/ˈkwɛstʃən/ Show Spelled [kwes-chuhn] Show IPA
noun 1. a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.

2. a problem for discussion or under discussion; a matter for investigation.

3. a matter of some uncertainty or difficulty; problem (usually followed by of ): It was simply a question of time.

4. a subject of dispute or controversy.

5. a proposal to be debated or voted on, as in a meeting or a deliberative assembly.

<H2 class=me>as·sump·tion

</H2>/əˈsʌmpʃən/ Show Spelled [uh-suhmp-shuhn] Show IPA
noun 1. something taken for granted; a supposition: a correct assumption. Synonyms: presupposition; hypothesis, conjecture, guess, postulate, theory.

2. the act of taking for granted or supposing. Synonyms: presumption; presupposition.

3. the act of taking to or upon oneself. Synonyms: acceptance, shouldering.

4. the act of taking possession of something: the assumption of power. Synonyms: seizure, appropriation, usurpation, arrogation.

5. arrogance; presumption. Synonyms: presumptuousness; effrontery, forwardness, gall.

Got it? It was a question, not an assumption or an opinion.

You answered the question in, what I believe is a biased manner, which could be expected. The fact that you work there is of relevance but it in no way makes you an authority. Unless you attend the BOD meetings or act as an advisor to the BOD. There are many people that work there. Some know way less than you and some know way more than you about the operations within the company.

M/V Stella Di Mare
New Bern NC
JD is offline   Reply With Quote