Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
Phil Fill
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
If a boat is older and needs TLC/remodeling/maintenance the chances are the own did the majority of it as it to darn expensive to have someone else do the work compared to the boats value and/or increase in value. We have gone through the Eagle from the tip of the bow to the end of the stern, the top of the mast to the bottom of the keel and about everything in between.

When my wife bought the Eagle we where green newbie’s, with not to much experience/knowledge about boating. Our learning curve the first years as almost straight up. We signed the papers, and the broker asked where do you want the boat moved to? We thought we would leave where it at? So we bought a 60 ft boat with out a slip. The first heavy rain the roof/deck leaked, it was boat house kept, the first cold weather we blew the AC breaker hundred of time as 30 amps is not enough heat a 60 ft boat? We ran the water tank dry, and over flowed the sanitation tank. What the heck?

The first time I went into the engine rooms I was over whelmed with all the tanks, valves, big metal block engines and stuff. I was afraid to move/turn anything for fear I would screw it up. I figure what the heck as we did not plan on EVER moving it anyway.

So if a yuppie metro sexual woos can learn, anybody can. Even today I have to constant remind my self “Righty tighty, lefty loosy!” even to change a light bulb.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote