Marlow's First Mainship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don,

This has been on the Mainship site for the last couple of days. I'm just amazed at what some folks think. They carp and whine when something like this happens.

Here is my response to one of the whiners:

"I’m having some trouble here. How is it everyone knows what Marlow should can and cannot do. Has anyone seen the boat? Has anyone heard what the price will be? Were they supposed to just keep building the same things that Mainship couldn’t sale?

BTW what exactly is a Mainship price? Cheap enough that the company couldn’t make enough money to stay open yet no one was buying any. Besides I don’t care what the price is. I’m not buying a new one as I would guess most on this list aren’t. If it’s $400k or $600k it’s of no concern to me. I’m just glad that someone is keeping the name alive as everyone here should be instead of carping about what Marlow is doing.

Anyone want to give Hatteras some advice. Their for sale and all they were building was the 85 footer. So I’m sure there is plenty of room to criticize their operation. No one was buying enough of them either at $4.5 M.

Vinny
V. P. Chianese

Why did Marlow buy the name or the hull molds if they are going to introduce a mini-Marlow that is so different from the Mainship concept? I hear the praise for Marlow quality, but there is no way it's going to have a Mainship price. The strut keels sound like a great idea, but cramming twins into a 10 foot wide hull is going to have to involve some compromises.
1999 P-30"

I don't get it. As I have said before the success of Marlow with the nameplate will do nothing but benefit all of the Mainship owners.
As they say in Texas "you can't make some of them happy even if you hang them with a new rope".

Vinny, that is very true. If David Marlow is anything he is innovative. I would not expect him to carry on business as usual for Mainship. The reason for the question mark in the thread title is that I'm not even certain that it will come out under the Mainship name. Also the tunnel in the hull looks like it may be a single screw with twin keels. It is going to be interesting to see how this develops.

After another look, there is another propeller tunnel, so it must be a twin screw. That could probably be modified for a single.

Last edited:
"Sometimes, words are simpy inadequate."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sometimes there is a great truth to that, far greater than the writer ever intended.

Watch this space.

Vinny, that is very true. If David Marlow is anything he is innovative. I would not expect him to carry on business as usual for Mainship. The reason for the question mark in the thread title is that I'm not even certain that it will come out under the Mainship name. Also the tunnel in the hull looks like it may be a single screw with twin keels. It is going to be interesting to see how this develops.

After another look, there is another propeller tunnel, so it must be a twin screw. That could probably be modified for a single.

The name according to Marlow is Marlow-Mainship just as it is now Marlow-Hunter for the sailboats. Witness: http://mainship.com/

The new boat is a 32 and it has twin Yanmars with the new keel design. The projection are 3 gph @ 7-8kts and 6 gph at 20kts. There numbers not mine. This is all due to the keels and their efficiency. I'm doubting the single at this time because their tests with their 57 showed that the twin skeg keels were way more sea worthy than the singles that roll down the backside in a following sea steep wave and try to broach.

http://www.marlowyachts.com/Velocejet_Strut_Keels.html

Back
Top Bottom