Check out this chance craig list find.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampu

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Cajun Rose
Vessel Make
Biloxi Lugger
As many of you know I bought the Rose after a fire. I didn't get any of the skiffs with it, the po didn't offer to sell em'. Tonight I was checking out craigslist and found this, I think it's a match, what do yall think.:dance::dance:
3Ea3p23H45Gb5K85M7d1nbe1b0f385a6b1c78.jpg

img_129174_1_fbe19a1b17e0103102f1b334c10659b8.jpg

Wow. Sure does look like it. Hope it has a decent number on it. She'd look sweet on top.

About as close as you'll find by accident Paul :thumb::thumb:

Ask if he has the pair ;)
Well the original owner of the Rose said he gave one skiff to his son and he kept one. I am sure he still has his so this must be the son's. I just talked to the seller of the skiff and he wants $1,000.00 Runs good, new trolling motor, new gas tank, carbs and hummingbird depth finder. 1k doesn't sound bad to get some original equipment back. I sure would rather put the boat buck in the boat but I don't think I should pass this up.

Looks like a good buy to me, plus it's what your boat originally had. I'd say go for it. You're not going to find any decent new dinghy for that amount of money.

Hmmm. Maybe you ought to see if you can swap your old Dinghy for the other one. The pair would really look schweet together. Heck, the Admiral could grow veggies in the other one. Whatever you do, don't loose touch with the other guy just in case "someday".

Paul, was your boat used to take fishing parties out to the Chandeleur Islands? I have seen the boats out there anchored with their skiffs tied up behind. It is other worldly out there.

Last edited:
Don, It was and will be. They run Chandeleur during the trout run and go into the marshes for duck in the winter. No charters just friends and family. She was affectionately known as "wide ass Rose".

Wow! Which is which?

Go for it Paul, you can sell the trailer and recover 25 - 50% depending on your local market.

How 'bout those guys from Biloxi catching our Specks off the Chandeleurs!:)
Steve W

If you don't jump on that opportunity, you'll regret it forever.

Looks aluminum. Is it? What brand? There are a few of those, or at least close around here. There are even more in Minnesota. None with the same paint though that I have ever seen though. Does it now live at your house?

How 'bout those guys from Biloxi catching our Specks off the Chandeleurs!:)
Steve W
Brotha, my little family of swampies don't catch too much. When it's on out there is ON and I can't wait. I'll post up some raft up invite on TF for anyone around that might wan't to join us out there.
The boat is aluminum and a very heavy gauge. I'm going to get it tomorrow. I told the owner of the skiff why I want it and hell he's even exited about it.

Wow! its so great to see the Cajun Rose still afloat, in 1994 I went aboard her looking to purchase her in Gulfport Harbor. I now own my own trawler a 53' Len Price that I've just rebuilt the aft house. I've always like the style of the Chandeleur Island boats. I'm currently working on some idea on how to get my skiffs ontop my roof. Looking forward to this forum.

Welcome to the forum Miss BreCo, start a thread and post some pictures and you will be surprised at the amount of information you will receive. I have a thread on here somewhere if your interested in the rebuild of the Cajun Rose (it burned). Paul

I got the dingy. Check it out.
img_129740_0_1e2b6e103cc101f9761343fb16a5dbb2.jpg

img_129740_1_a389e3b7a719fcba6c23ec5d8a6aede8.jpg

img_129740_2_85a42418a8fca230820bbdadbdf85876.jpg

Sweet Paul! That'll look great back home where it belongs. That's the boat buck you'll always be glad you spent looking back. Try to keep in contact with that other one, the pair would be remarkable.

Glad you grabbed the boat while you had the chance, Paul. In a few months, you won't miss that $1000, but that boat will still make you smile. Good luck getting #2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom