Winter boat use.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, what part of the Napa River has "dinosaur" action?

This is the section I like. North of the Hwy 37 Bridge and south of the homes on Milton Rd/Edgerley Island.

Attachments

• NapaRiver.jpg
    NapaRiver.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 94
Fly,
Looks like a good place to go canoeing. I had hundreds of hours of boating fun (mostly on the Snohomish River in Washington State) and enjoyed the rivers very much. And w the bigger boats it was a great place to go in the winter especially on a rising tide. A good sounder or two is a plus as well.

We went for a short cruise yesterday. Got the engine warmed up nicely, used some diesel, and had a great time. The weather in Bellingham was great with clear skies and cool temps. The mountains were out, and we were the only ones on the water. All the stress I us just melted away. Love winter cruising!

In the winter I go out every 5-6 weeks or so. My winter crew is usually 2-3 buddies that like to sit by a wood burning stove in the middle of nowhere, eat like kings, drink large quantities of rum and beer, listen to tunes and chat about life. Sometimes, we will just cruise to a marina in downtown Vancouver and go for a night on the town. As long as a boat has proper heat, winter cruising can be wonderful, as already attested by many.

My goal is to be on the boat a couple times a week and leave the berth (use the engine) once a week, on average, year 'round. Don't always achieve this, but so far this month have motored three days and spent time on the boat another three days.

Motored over two hours today, particularly to exercise the boat since I'll be out of town later this month and early next month. Wasn't much "excitement" today: several sailboats and "trawlers", a couple of ferries, and a tugboat.

img_128700_0_686d673279516fdfb6297a227888231a.jpg

img_128700_1_3b249990fad6e69157a6bca31b6de5b6.jpg

You are making me jelous, -10 to -25c and lake frozen 8 inches thick.Winter sucks

Fly,
Looks like a good place to go canoeing. I had hundreds of hours of boating fun (mostly on the Snohomish River in Washington State) and enjoyed the rivers very much. And w the bigger boats it was a great place to go in the winter especially on a rising tide. A good sounder or two is a plus as well.

There are a couple of rowing clubs along the lower Napa River. The waves/chop can get wicked here when the winds kick up.

232323232%7Ffp635%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A3%3A34%3B48336nu0mrj

Back
Top Bottom