Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're on ball #1 right now!

If you are looking for a really good meal, take the dinghy over to Coconut's. It's just around the corner beachside next to the Hall of Fame Marina. They have a good dinghy dock. Can be a little pricey.

Your photos bring back great memories of our last cruise down to the Keys - hopefully we will do it again soon as I fly out in the morning to survey and sea trial a Defever 49 RPH out east.

Keep the good photos coming - as far as a good place in Lauderdale to hold your boat for a few weeks use www.activecaptain.com and search up the river a little bit. It will save you a few bucks compared to Bahia Mar or others right on the ICW

Gerald

The hollywood city marina is safe and patroled, not cheap There are some private docks avaliable Check craigs list , and tomorrow I will try and get a phone number for you

Activecaptain is my lifeline when cruising! I've tried the Craigslist route and have a few feelers out. Hope to find something tomorrow.

I have been looking for some ideas for a Cafe on our Ocean property and I think this would be a great design. I was thinking something with a lighthouse in the center of the roof but this would be an interesting setup. Our property is at the mouth of a proposed Marina.

Attachments

• Tea House.jpg
    Tea House.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 100
I see Grace has lowered her wheels and is cruising down East Broward Blvd in Ft Lauderdale! :rofl:

I see Grace has lowered her wheels and is cruising down East Broward Blvd in Ft Lauderdale! :rofl:

LOL I'm looking forward to trying this AIS transmitting app. Must remember to stop transmitting when leaving the boat!!!! :whistling:

Daddyo I am loving this thread and your photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

Had an enjoyable day on the boat today in clear, beautiful, 60-degree weather. Installed a AA battery in the new clock, filled the water tanks, filtered/polished some fuel, read National Geographic articles on Cuba and penguins, checked on the Mahalo Moi (everything looked copacetic, Ray), had Chinese takeout for lunch, and consumed a Perla-fresh-squeezed-lemon margarita. Next time on the boat will probably leave the marina/berth.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry about that! Found a dock to leave her at for two weeks. I have a few more pics to post tomorrow then the trips on hold for two weeks until we return and start moving again down to the keys.

Had an enjoyable day on the boat today in clear, beautiful, 60-degree weather. Installed a AA battery in the new clock, filled the water tanks, filtered/polished some fuel, read National Geographic articles on Cuba and penguins, checked on the Mahalo Moi (everything looked copacetic, Ray), had Chinese takeout for lunch, and consumed a Perla-fresh-squeezed-lemon margarita. Next time on the boat will probably leave the marina/berth.
WHAT..? No photo Mark..?

Have you considered the New River Facility docks or Cooley's Landing on the New River? We have spent some time there. Close to restaurants, grocery store and bus stops. Short bus ride to WM.

Bob

A few pics from the other day. All are taken in the Ft Lauderdale area.

Attachments

• P1080120.jpg
    P1080120.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 87
  • P1080124.jpg
    P1080124.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 94
  • P1080128.jpg
    P1080128.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 94
And our girl

Attachments

• P1080148.jpg
    P1080148.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 134
  • P1080146.jpg
    P1080146.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 111
  • P1080126.jpg
    P1080126.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 98
  • P1080135.jpg
    P1080135.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 129
Video of the following seas we had last week. Our aft handrail is about 7' off the waterline. Some were 6-7' just for fun:whistling:

Last edited:
congrats on a great trip Daddyo. That N46 "Frog Kiss" in your pics is up for sale- she is actually hull #1 of the N46 line.

The title of this tread is Underway Today.

I had a discussion on this term this past weekend.
The difference between Underway and Making headway.

So I think the correct title of this tread should be.

Making way today. And not underway.

For those purists among you.

SD

The title of this tread is Underway Today.

I had a discussion on this term this past weekend.
The difference between Underway and Making headway.

So I think the correct title of this tread should be.

Making way today. And not underway.

For those purists among you.

SD

I am kind of hoping, for Daddyo's sake, that the most accurate topic title today is "Kicking back drinking cold beer today." :)

Mods can change the titles :eek:) Do we need a poll? ;-)

I don't know. It was just that the USCG exam refered to a boat under way but not making way.

Underway can be defined as any time a boat is in the water and not anchored or aground. making way means that the boat is moving through the water.

I don't care what you call it, he's have way more fun than I am. Wish I was there.Larry

I don't know. It was just that the USCG exam refered to a boat under way but not making way.

Underway can be defined as any time a boat is in the water and not anchored or aground. making way means that the boat is moving through the water.

If Underway is in the water, not anchored or aground, then the boat is moving. What else would it be doing? Whether by its own power or by the power of current. Therefore, he is Underway! It may not be in the direction he desires, but he is making way/underway. :banghead:

Now, back to the subject at hand. Keep boating DaddyO!

If Underway is in the water, not anchored or aground, then the boat is moving. What else would it be doing? Whether by its own power or by the power of current. Therefore, he is Underway! It may not be in the direction he desires, but he is making way/underway. :banghead:

Now, back to the subject at hand. Keep boating DaddyO!
Boat being propelled...underway making way...
Boat drifting with the current...underway not making way

Back
Top Bottom