2013 Willard Rendezvous in Anacortes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunshine Rick

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sunshine
Vessel Make
Willard 30 Vega Nomad

This year's rendezvous will be held at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes during the first weekend in May.

That's Opening Day weekend in Anacortes, and Willards from far and wide will be there having a blast!

See the Rendezvous page at 2013 Willard Rendezvous | Willard Boats for details and to reserve a spot.

Wow, we now have four Willard 30 Nomads attending this event -- plus, one Nomad owner from the East Coast is coming out just for this rendezvous!

Scallywag, a 1973, being trucked up for the summer from Oregon:
scallywag_profile_09.jpg

Sunshine, a 1974 from Anacortes (Skyline):
sunshine_oval.jpg

Toby, 1973, from Vashon Island:
toby-at-stuart-island-2011.jpg

and Trooper, 1974 from Oak Harbor:
trooper.jpg

The owner of Dubhe, from Beaufort, SC, is also planning to attend (without the boat of course!)
home.jpg

Willy (yet another Nomad) won't be there as there is work to be done and she is and will be hauled at the Rendezvous.

I of course will be present not wanting to miss the opportunity to meet other Willard owners for the first time and of course to see Willards in mass.

Attachments

• DSCF0623 copy.jpg
    DSCF0623 copy.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 324
Hi Eric -- That's too bad -- it would be great to see how many Nomads we can get together, but also it'd be fun to comapre them with and without flying bridge!

Sunshine Rick wrote;

"fun to comapre them with and without flying bridge!"

Rick does this other photo help? I bought Willy w/o the FB but I can't imagine why anybody would want a FB on a 30' boat. Perhaps your'e thinking of removing yours? I didn't realize my Willy was very unique in this way but it looks like she is.

Re the rondy I'll need to pass on another boating event but .. no problem I'll be there in Anacortes.

Attachments

• STH71273 copy.jpg
    STH71273 copy.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 416
My wife and I may drive up there for the day. Alway interest in of full displacement boats, besides its a nice drive.

Trawler Fest is May 15 to 19th. We will also drive to that for the day.

We been attending the CHB, mid Septmeber, on a regular bases so I guess we could be a Willard also? :socool:

Perhaps your'e thinking of removing yours?

Well I admire the clean housetop and really like the additional space for a larger tender. To me, one of the primary reasons I would like a little larger boat would be the ability to store a decent sized tender above the house. But in the end, I think going to the trouble of actually removing my flying bridge would not be worth it. And once in a while we do get a really nice day that feels pretty good to drive from up there! Plus there's a fair amount of storage there.

Greetings,
Mr. Eric. I understand that owning a Willard is viewed as a religious experience by some but isn't having a church service a bit much? "of course to see Willards in mass."
Of course you meant "en masse"....Tee hee....

My wife and I may drive up there for the day. Alway interest in of full displacement boats, besides its a nice drive.

Trawler Fest is May 15 to 19th. We will also drive to that for the day.

We been attending the CHB, mid Septmeber, on a regular bases so I guess we could be a Willard also? :socool:

The way I see it, there is no need to actually own a Willard to participate in the Rendezvous -- you just need to appreciate them! There is one attendee who is bringing his 32' Eagle trawler up from Everett -- he used to own a Willard and probably misses it a little (although the Eagle is nice too.)

Anyway, we plan to offer open boat tours on Saturday (will post the times later), and are looking forward to seeing lots of Willard admirers who drive up for it. But you're welcome to bring your boat too if you want. There's will be no shortage of space -- you can go ahead and use the registration form on the Willard Boats site, and there's a box you can check for "Other" boat make.

One way or the other we'll see you there!

P.S.: We wanted to hold this rendezvous a week later so we didn't overlap with Seattle's Opening Day. But that would've interfered with the setup for Trawler Fest, which is a pretty major production and requires over a week for bringing in boats and setting up.

Last edited:
"of course to see Willards in mass."
Of course you meant "en masse"....Tee hee....

This reminds me of a manager that I hired many years ago to run my injection molding plant in Puerto Rico. We had a visit by the island's governor who was interested in knowing how many Puerto Ricans we employed. The manager, wanting to impress the governor, remarked: "we have 3 blacks, 9 Vietnamese & 35 Puerto Ricans. The rest are all "crustaceans." :facepalm:

Wow 25 Willards together in one place!

What a great selection of Willards coming to the Rendezvous!

• 2 Searchers: Kailana & Puffin
  • 3 Voyagers: Orca, Otter II, & Slow Dancer
  • 4 Nomads: Scallywag, Sunshine, Toby, & Trooper
  • 3 Mark IV's: Cetacea, Ida B, & Kingfisher
  • 1 8-ton Cutter: Aleur1
  • 3 Vega 36 Sedans:Nightwatch, Saga, & Solitude
  • 2 Vega 36 Trawlers: Dulcinea & Quasar
  • 3 40' FB sedans: Candor, Domino, & Northstar
  • 2 40' PH: Kimberly Anne (custom), & Manaia
  • 2 47' Dover Trawlers: Klatawa, & Nereid
About the only thing missing is a Horizon -- anyone know of one we can cajole into coming?
See full list here: 2013 Willard Rendezvous | Willard Boats

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom