Help!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy 11

Veteran Member
My name is Lucy and I have a Problem ! I'm addicted....... I used to sleep really well waking up around 0700 stretching used the facility and pushed the button on the Coffee Maker....had a look outside and made a decision what to wear(warm/cold--wet/dry) then I'd have a little breakfast and...... Now I wake up at 0400 press the coffee maker button and then NEED to read what's happening on Trawler Forum... sometimes I stretch and look outside around 1000 -- no more breakfasts --I often forget to drink my coffee ....... Are there 12 Step programs available for TF Addictions?? Is there anyone else out there with a the same problem??? I feel quite alone............ thank you for listening I feel a little better :trash: jp

I can relate....

There's always Oprah.

buy a old boat and work on it.... reality is healthier than virtual reality. This is nothing more than a electronic advice column..
in fact we should rename it.. Dear Marin!

Hollywood

Well, don't feel alone! However, it sounds like you have the addiction worse than some of us. There are at least 2 dozen of us that need a fix and reply daily and some of us need a fix several times during the day. I read/reply usually while having more morning cup of coffee and maybe check a couple of times per day when I have some spare/down time.

The old PMM site had quite a lurker following as it was sort of like having a morning cup of coffee with a group of freinds, and individula and even goups would follow as we wanders and statisfied their fix. :thumb: TM was started because of the problems with the PMM, and many of the regular/high reply came for PMM. :flowers:

Is there anyone else out there with a the same problem??? I feel quite alone............ thank you for listening I feel a little better :trash: jp

Very funny but also very true! :iagree:

I am a member of three boards now. It's bad...I spend too much time reading this stuff...but I love it.

My name is Lucy and I have a Problem ! I'm addicted....... I used to sleep really well waking up around 0700 stretching used the facility and pushed the button on the Coffee Maker....had a look outside and made a decision what to wear(warm/cold--wet/dry) then I'd have a little breakfast and...... Now I wake up at 0400 press the coffee maker button and then NEED to read what's happening on Trawler Forum... sometimes I stretch and look outside around 1000 -- no more breakfasts --I often forget to drink my coffee ....... Are there 12 Step programs available for TF Addictions?? Is there anyone else out there with a the same problem??? I feel quite alone............ thank you for listening I feel a little better :trash: jp
Nah....you're hooked, like most of us...just suck it up and get used to it...the intensity will die down a bit slowly...over time...like in a year or three....

I think there's a 12 step program for this.....
Yes there is! It's called "two-footitis" and it works, but only for a few years then it seems to strike again. The only cure is boat shopping, done in large quantities, with an occasional trip to the bank!

Oh Crap! It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm still on this damn forum. I'm going to bed. See you guys tomorrow.

Getting my morning fix and cup of coffee.:flowers:

0600CST....I feel ya!!!

Back
Top Bottom