Hall of Fame 2013 Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Well, it's time to vote! Please vote for only one nominee. The poll will close on January 20 th. There are numerous deserving members for this honor but the 6 listed below got the most press.

Daddyo

Eric henning

John Baker

Mark Pierce

Phil/Fill

Sunchaser

Last edited:
Greetings,
With ALL respect due the future inductees Mr. Seahorse you haven't included "None of the above". Shouldn't this be an option as this if for the penultimate accolade?

RT: In all due respect, don't you think it's just a "tad late" for that? Geez....

None of the above should be required in every poll.

Why do you say it's a "tad late" for that?

Mike

RT: In all due respect, don't you think it's just a "tad late" for that? Geez....

11 people have already voted! What's so hard about voting for the one you want and if you don't want any of the nominees, don't vote! Geez, we had a week to nominate people! I would have appreciated your help a few days ago!

Greetings,
Apologies Mr. Seahorse I didn't realize you wanted assistance. I'll shut up now...
tumblr_lq5mxuFBzR1qm6s2g.gif

RTF--- I admire your ability to find all these "expressionist" clips you've been coming up with. (I wonder if Monet was around today he would be into expressionist video?)

But I wish you would at least give equal time to the truly great expressionist scenes, which are from you and your partners in crime, Chico and Harpo, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, etc.

Thank you.

Phil and I are neck and neck so far.

Seahorse II wrote

“11 people have already voted! What's so hard about voting for the one you want and if you don't want any of the nominees, don't vote! “

Don’t vote? Whoa, take it or leave it.

Well, I guess that makes you the decider, since no one else had any input into your poll.

This is a very small thing since I’ve already formed my own opinions about which posters are worth reading and which are not going back to 2007.

Since I can’t vote for none of the above I’ll save my vote for Rick B and Djmarchand.

Mike

Greetings,
Mr. Sceptic. Mr. Rick B? THE Mr. Rick B? What...wha.....wha....???

THISGONBGUD.gif

Last edited:
This is a very small thing since I’ve already formed my own opinions about which posters are worth reading and which are not going back to 2007.

Interesting. You joined the month before last and have already formed opinions on the masses going back 5-6 years!

IMHO, you guys are taking this frivolity way too seriously. If I understand this correctly, this was intended as nonsensical, whimsical fun without meaning or offense to anyone. Let's keep it for what it is...just fun. We're certainly not doing this for a free boat, unless Seahorse II has some secret prize in mind!!

Greetings,
Mr. FW. Hell, if Mr. Sceptic even has half a brain (NO offense Mr. Sceptic just trying to make a point) he only has to go back an hour to form an opinion about your's truly and I'm proud of that!.....Prizes? Prizes????

Last edited:
FlyWright - I made the very first post in the Defever Forum back in 2007 after John Baker drew attention to his new forum on the T&T Iist,

Whenever I went cruising I closed my TF membership.

Search the site, lot’s of posts by Mike. They have renamed some of my posts as “pulled” since I complained about spam that came from my TF account.

And yes, boating and boating websites should be fun. I’m as guilty as anyone in keeping it from being so. Next spring, the little DeFever is going north!

Mike

We're certainly not doing this for a free boat, unless Seahorse II has some secret prize in mind!!
You just couldn't let that die a slow death, could you, Al? :peace:

You only get to vote once!? What happened to the great voting tradition "Vote early,and Vote often"?

Greetings,
Is there going to be a ceremony for the winner(s) with horse-doovers (pigs in a blanket and that little toast with the funny green stuff on it) and dancing girls?

Bruce, Lets make it Aussie style and be compulsory.
If you don't vote you get fined.
and allow the donkey vote.
Cheers
Benn

Is it too late for a write-in?

Attachments

• PP.jpg
    PP.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 111
Do you guys call this a campaign?

We are voting for a man who is very likely greatly influence the future of the Trawler Forum Hall of Fame (TFHOF). According to current estimates, the next man elected to the TFHOF will double the institution's intelligence, bravery and sense of adventure. It is generally accepted in small, insignificant groups that the TFHOF's collective nautical library and knowledge will approximately double. These are heady times, my fellow Trawlermen!

Isn't it time for our candidates to provide us the unwarranted and flattering platitudes, thinly veiled bribery offers, empty promises, and unfounded personal attacks on their competitors (all within current TF Bylaws, of course) that we American voters have come to expect and love?

Isn't it time for our candidates to provide us the unwarranted and flattering platitudes, thinly veiled bribery offers, empty promises, and unfounded personal attacks on their competitors (all within current TF Bylaws, of course) that we American voters have come to expect and love?

Sorry, I'm not that kind of guy. I make a "sorry" political candidate.

img_126947_0_cf84a86d81119ebca769c7fb0a9b6413.jpg

Sorry, I'm not that kind of guy. I make a "sorry" political candidate.
img_126948_0_cf84a86d81119ebca769c7fb0a9b6413.jpg

I disagree! You started the "single vs. twin" thread and look how successful that was..er is! :hide: That, alone , has to be worth 50 votes! The problem is "apathy" at TF.

Last edited:
Walt,

Is it ignorance or is it apathy? As far as I'm concerned, I don't know and I don't care.

Apathy? Let's think about that.

232323232%7Ffp536%3B4%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3353%3B974%3B6336nu0mrj

Greetings,
Mr. FW. Campaign? This exercise is the ANTITHESIS of a campaign. Any nominees who have taken the time to respond have graciously declined the honor. I'm up to my earlobes in humility here.
I myself bailed when the criteria for induction was outlined. As a result, the "Hall" is currently vacant if anyone has noticed. I have chosen my new "title", which I think is a better fit to characterize me as a result. After all, other than 3 or 4 select members, I don't think any know my REAL identity and I would ask those who DO to respect my anonymity please.
Apologies for being so serious...um...er, no wait....
chuckle.gif

Last edited:

RT: I never noticed that you had removed yourself from the Hall.
Why does everyone take this thing so seriously? It was meant to be fun!

Greetings,
Mr. SH. You don't think being an Enigma is fun? I'm laughing all the way to the ________......Fill in the blank....Haahahaha Uh oh, new poll?????

Greetings,

I myself bailed when the criteria for induction was outlined. As a result, the "Hall" is currently vacant if anyone has noticed. I have chosen my new "title", which I think is a better fit to characterize me as a result.

RT
I noticed a few days ago you changed your status, but I thought I would wait and see how long it took the forum to discover it. :thumb:

With all the platitudes being bandied about over this election er,, selection.
What is a platitude anyway

OOps wrong picture.

SD

Attachments

• platypus.jpg
    platypus.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom