Single vs Twin: It's Baaaaack!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Attention Mr.'s Murray and Marin...

Definition of buggered (British & World English)

Please refer to post #448 again and keep it clean please. I don't think Mr. Peter was referring to the same type of INN-U-ENDO (sp?) you are.

Quite correct RT. Thanks for clarifying that. I was of course using the British 'buggered', as opposed to the US version.

buggered
Pronunciation: /ˈbʌgəd/

Definition of buggered
adjective
[predic.] British vulgar slang
(of a person) extremely tired:
when I got there I was absolutely buggered
buggered in other Oxford dictionaries

Definition of buggered in the dictionary US English

Just a question - anyone got an opinion on advantages / disadvantages on twin screw vs single?

bugger this it's taking to long.
It's very Shakespearian "much ado about noting":dance::dance:
I think I will go and listen to the rain and wind as cyclone Narelle passes by.
When I come back I expect post 500 to be posted.:banghead:

Ok Benn, you bugger off and do that, and report back. Oh, and you might want to put a reef in the main. I believe they are now talking wind strengths of 140 plus kph.

Just a question - anyone got an opinion on advantages / disadvantages on twin screw vs single?

Yup - In my opinion, twins are 2X on nearly everything as compared to singles... that includes way more than just boat motors, let your mind(s) wander! :lol:

Greetings,
Mr. Elwin. Is there something in the water you drink that compels you to stir it up? Mr. Elwin, meet Mr. Baltimore Lurker.....

Vh1tD.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. Elwin. Is there something in the water you drink that compels you to stir it up? Mr. Elwin, meet Mr. Baltimore Lurker.....

Vh1tD.jpg

Now ain't that the truth.

I tend to find applicable nuggets in this fine publication:

Winnie-The-Pooh-on-Management-Allen-Roger-E-9780143119661.jpg

"Oh Bother"

Ksanders answered it best, and I'm paraphrasing here: "When you have an engine failure at sea, you are either glad you have twins or wish you had twins." Now lets have fun and have someone challenge this statement.:thumb:

Ksanders answered it best, and I'm paraphrasing here: "When you have an engine failure at sea, you are either glad you have twins or wish you had twins." Now lets have fun and have someone challenge this statement.:thumb:

Challenge: Single or twins do you NO Good in equal dimensions when fuel flow constriction cannot be solved or fuel runs out completely! Those instances enact exactly similar results to complete engine failure(s)... when at sea! :facepalm:

495 is a good #

#498-Don't those foily things have brakes? And, which gets you off the rocks better, a single or twins?

Whoa, Betsy.

img_125903_0_40588d40e51098cb0159a5b33788fe98.jpg

God gave us two legs ,.... shouldn't we have two screws?

HAHA Who's going to make #500 ????

God gave us two legs ,.... shouldn't we have two screws?

HAHA Who's going to make #500 ????

Like most all other males, I've only one "you know what."

#498-Don't those foily things have brakes? And, which gets you off the rocks better, a single or twins?

Most of the time two can get the rocks off faster ...

Attachments

• rock boat.jpg
    rock boat.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 44
What's the most posts ever on a Trawler Forum thread? Anyone know?

At this rate, post #666 will arrive in a day or two. I might have to unsubscribe to this one. It's clogging my email inbox!

And absolutely the most amazing thing is that we're still on topic!!!

And absolutely the most amazing thing is that we're still on topic!!!

Yea - But single, twin and even more screws have been sometimes discussed with rather ribald posts! On topic sort a !! :rolleyes:

A screw or screws can be and has been alluded to in more than one way! :lol:

Greetings,
Mr. mahal. Challenge this statement? Isn't that what we've been doing these for 494 posts?

I was looking for a direct challenge to the statement like: I wouldn't wish I had twins if I had an engine failure at sea because I want to use my $1500 sea anchor.

I was looking for a direct challenge to the statement like: I wouldn't wish I had twins if I had an engine failure at sea because I want to use my $1500 sea anchor.

That kind of post will get serious answers.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"per wikipedia...
2 × General Electric LM2500 gas turbines, generating 47,500 shp
1 × SEMT Pielstick Diesel engine, generating 8,800 shp
1 × Royal de Schelde cross-connect gearbox
2 × Escher Wyss controllable pitch propellers"

OK, I stand corrected. Walking around in the ER of the Calgary, it seemed like walking past a pair of diesels and down both sides of one gas turbine. It was a while ago, and the Calgary had just returned from its tour of duty in the Persian Gulf during the early part of the Afgan war. Hard to believe those boats are now passing their "mid life refit" I wonder how many engine hours they go between refits?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom