View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #24
Carey
Guru

City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Happy Destiny
Vessel Model: Custom Lobster Yacht
RE: Evacuation Order

Keith** * Don't try to advise people how the system works, as you really don't understand. You must apply to the SBA for an SBA (Small Business Administration) loan, if you expect to receive any help with personal property (contents of your home). If you qualify, you must accept the loan and be happy for the low interest rate. If you do not qualify, you MAY qualify for a grant up to and not to exceed ($28,800 total for Real Property, or structure, combined with Personal Property, or contents). The maximum IHP of $28,800 may be made up of any combination of "Real" or "Personal" property. It is not intended to solve all your problems, but to be a start in helping you to recover. The Federal Government cannot and should not be expected to replace everything that people lost, or people would build homes in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with no regard for the well being of the structure, knowing SAM would replace their loss. Hello!!! When are you and I going to accept responsibilty for our choices? I believe you to be a very intelligent human being, well above the average from what you have published on this site. Please help me maintain this conviction. We all accept some risk for what we own, where we build, how we live, etc.. I believe we priveleged Americans need to take responsibility for our choices and actions, and I don't say this because I work for FEMA, but because I am an American who is slightly ashamed of our belief that we are entitled to limitless protection by our government. Rejoice in the protection we do have, and help spread the idea that we all need to be responsible for ourselves. HAS ANYONE SEEN MY SOAPBOX? * *Sorry!!! * Carey
Carey is offline   Reply With Quote