Boating today.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Okay....no "actual" boating, this is more of a "from the boatyard today". Santa brought a new Camera...

Looks like we might splash soon.

Attachments

• Anchors Away.jpg
    Anchors Away.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Almost done.jpg
    Almost done.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 108
  • SD.jpg
    SD.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Prop.jpg
    Prop.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Thruster.jpg
    Thruster.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 89
She is looking good! Are you all running with one 3 blade prop and one 4 blade prop?

Greetings,
Hey, it's one of those trailing props that generates electricity while you cruise. Now which one (the 3 blade or the 4 blade) is the driving prop and which is the driven prop. The world wonders.....

Craig wins! 4 blade is the stern thruster! :thumb:

Craig wins! 4 blade is the stern thruster! :thumb:

Ah so ...

I thought it was the trailing prop that drove the pump that filled the mast-top water pressure tank.

ah so ...

I thought it was the trailing prop that drove the pump that filled the mast-top water pressure tank.

winner!

Seriously, I am confused. The 3 blade prop picture seems to be taken from a single screw boat based on hull form above. 4 blade looks to be a twin screw boat. Are we SURE Skinny Dippin' even exists? Maybe they really own a bayliner! ;)

Tom, that's the lightest color bottom paint I recall seeing. Is it a primer, or the final coat? Any reason you chose the color?

wow. looking GREAT!! Happy new year!

Tom, that's the lightest color bottom paint I recall seeing. Is it a primer, or the final coat? Any reason you chose the color?

Al - we're pretty sure that is the primer. There was the faring compound, and then supposedly 3 coats of SeaHawk barrier coat, then black Trinidad paint. But that can't be the Seahawk, they put it on the running gear. Can it? Would they Seahawk the running gear? Tom is calling first thing tomorrow morning to ask. There are a few places we are not happy with the faring compound work and would like that revisited before they move forward. And whatever that gray coat is, it's covering the zinc locations.....very odd.

Thanks Jennifer! It's the blue sky that makes it look so good. It was cold yesterday, but the sun was shining and the sky was about as blue as it gets.

Al - we're pretty sure that is the primer. There was the faring compound, and then supposedly 3 coats of SeaHawk barrier coat, then black Trinidad paint. But that can't be the Seahawk, they put it on the running gear. Can it? Would they Seahawk the running gear? Tom is calling first thing tomorrow morning to ask. There are a few places we are not happy with the faring compound work and would like that revisited before they move forward. And whatever that gray coat is, it's covering the zinc locations.....very odd.

Thanks Jennifer! It's the blue sky that makes it look so good. It was cold yesterday, but the sun was shining and the sky was about as blue as it gets.

sure...some of the 2 part barrier coats are touted as great metal primers...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom