New dream boat under 50'............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wingspar wrote:

I don't know about FF neighbor but there are some outstanding deals to be made for new and used boats at this time. Lowball offers that wouldn't even be considered just a few years ago are now being excepted.

Dave
There are some great deals to be had.* However, it's not often you see anything selling for 50-75% less than the insurance payout would be in the event of an accident.* I hope the guy did get it for $600k, but I'd like to see a pic of the Bill of Sale next to the HID stamp.

Or is the NH in question a hurricane boat?

Nope , the result of dickering for 6 months with a geezer.

The geezer should have gone on vacation, and paid somebody to open the seacocks in his absence. He'd have significantly more coin in his pockets.

DOH!!! Did I actually say that????

You should be here at Hurricane time when the tubs take home their 3 4 nylon dock lines and break out 1/2 inch pollypropeline , thats 8 years old!!

FF

Eric: Just got back from an extended Holiday and have read all the comments on this thread. It's true, I like lobster style boats and have not changed my mind in that regard. This thread, however, was posted for an entirely different reason. I wanted to measure the "thread drift" from the stated subject. I wanted to find out "how many and who" would address the original question or would change the subject to their own area of interest. I know most would not buy a new boat or would rather have an old Hattaras 58 LRC, etc. but that wasn't the subject! The response has been interesting, but not surprising. I wish we could all stick to the poster's subject and cut way down on drift. You'll notice that I have been more of a "lurker" lately do to my own efforts to limit contributions on subjects that I know very little about.

There is one hell of a lot of misinformation being published on this site.

Walt

-- Edited by SeaHorse II at 10:01, 2009-01-04

Well Walt I hope you had a nice time on your vacation. I spent some time trying to help you find the best boat and perhaps others did too. I wondered why you went lurker on us after asking that question. You needn't have tricked us into going astray ( by your standards ) as looking at most any thread on this site should give you the information you said you needed. I was slightly guilty of going off subject when I was raving about the Neville 47 ( you said " no blue water " ) but I caught myself. There's two reasons for not going off subject as I see it. If I'm surfing the site and see " Write your senator " I may not be inclined to log on unless I was interested in politics. There may be, however, much posting on completly different subjects that I may really want to see. Thats one and it's quite obvious. This site is still fairly new but eventually the arcives will be a very valuable thing to browse in, for fun and as a learning tool ( if one is good at* seperating fiction from fact and BS ) and finding what one wants may be difficult if we don't stay on*subject.*If I post on a subject that I know should elict a response from a spesific member they almost always respond. I think most of us that chat on this site read everything so perhaps the need to stay on subject is'nt that important. As I see it a problem with starting a new thread is that one may feel that the subject*may be lost as many won't see the new thread unless one says "*I'm starting a new thread " ect but I always feel*I'm wasting space ( I still don't know if I am ) What say you to that Mr. Baker? *I'm not very annoied at your post mostly because I had a great time looking for a boat for you. Lusting over the Neville 47 was great fun.
Pic 1*** The Big Salt near Klawock
Pic*2*** The Klawock cannery - since 1878

Eric Henning

Attachments

• 040_40 the big salt.jpg
    040_40 the big salt.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 046_46 klawock cannery.jpg
    046_46 klawock cannery.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 106
When I saw the "no blue water" comment I didn't take that to mean that blue water boats were excluded. Walt was reacting to a previous post that made the point that "cruising" needed to be better defined.

You'll notice he said "no blue water".....NOT "no blue water boat" and I took that to mean only that, for his purposes, he was defining "cruising" as "coastal cruising". While I think most of us would agree that a coastal cruiser would be a poor choice for a blue water voyager, I don't think a blue water boat would have any difficulty near shore for a week or two....or even for a month or two.

SeaHorse II wrote:

There is one hell of a lot of misinformation being published on this site.

Walt
How does wandering off topic equate with "misinformation being published on this site"???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom