The Alaskan Way-Heavy Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice boat, and nice photos.

We're neighbors!

The well built ocean class Alumanium planing hull boats are fantastic.

Just don't discount a nice slow cruiser/trawler to quickly. What we lack in speed we more than make up for in comfort and range. :)

Again, great boat and photos. Makes me wish for summer. Hope to see you out there.

Last edited:
Nice lookin shrimp. Ya'll can have the cold I'll take the beach and 80 degrees anyday. Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

Yup they like the same boats in SE Alaska. They even like the way they look. I think their looks speak of the Alaskan life style and folks want to identify.

And ALUMINUM is where it's at. Right down to a small 12-18' OB skiff. If a boat looks like an Alaskan boat, can take the weather w/o painting and beaches easily w/o hull damage it's in. Almost nobody in SE is buying FG boats. They don't even like them. To a typical Alaskan a FG boat looks like it was bought right down the street from a mall in the city ... yuck.

But while I was there I bought an aluminum skiff and brought it home to Washington. It's a very useful boat even though it's handling isn't perfect.
As you can see in the pic I painted it. I was the only one in Thorne Bay w anti fouling paint on a skiff. And very few skiffs lived on a trailer.

Attachments

• DSCF0744 copy.jpg
    DSCF0744 copy.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 75
Nice photo's of an amazing coast.

I once had Tolman Skiff dreams...

Great pictures and a great boat. Looks like you guys know how to have fun.

Cool boat and great pics! love the scenery and great seeing a family spending time on the water!

Yep agree, nice pictures of the scenery and boat. The only thing I'm not all that tore up about with Aluminum is the black marks it leaves behind. I have a 14' open speed boat that I sometimes tow and if it touches my boat, I have a black mark. My gloves or hands will also get the black smut on it too. The other thing is if it gets pierced best be close to a good welder and from some of the repairs that I saw done it is hard to get it looking like the original when patched.

Cool boat and great pics! love the scenery and great seeing a family spending time on the water!

Agreed, Tony. It is great to see the look of pure joy on the kids faces. Families on the water---nothing better.

Back
Top Bottom