How 'bout a Delta Gateway rendevous?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
We're interested in a Pittsburg or Antioch (California) rendezvous mid-January. Criteria is friendly/accommodating acceptance by a marina for several boats and a great restaurant within walking distance. Hopefully the weather will be like it was a couple of weeks ago.
img_121912_0_36b629df1f40d5dd5c2816882c464e05.jpg

Any recommendations or interested parties?

Vickie and I are with you, Mark. I know Al and Meg are too. What dates do you have in mind?

You bet!! Count us in. Pittsburg is nice and accommodating. Dswizzler won't have to travel far. Great restaurants nearby, too.

Jan 21 is mlk day. Its that weekend available for you guys? Gene might like to join us in his Jefferson.

Sounds good to us. Would we travel over on Saturday and return on Monday?

Hey Ray, love the new avatar! Now that's what I call a toy boat! But I gotta tell you, your boat looked MUCH larger in your old avatar.

Hey Ray, love the new avatar! Now that's what I call a toy boat! But I gotta tell you, your boat looked MUCH larger in your old avatar.

I like toy boats:) I figure I can shrink her down to travel size when necessary...

The weekend of January 12/13 is best for us. Otherwise won't be available again until mid-February (New Orleans/Caribbean voyage).

Mark,

Thanks for setting this up. I am "on board". Pretty much any weekend will do, but I sure would like to get a break in this weather - feel like I am living in Seattle!
If you all settle on Pittsburg, it's just a short run down river. If Antioch (Humphrey's I guess), it's just a short walk up the dock.

JimS

Checked out the highest-rated restaurants nearby Pittsburg and Antioch marinas. According to the Internet, all are closed: Liberty Hotel in Pittsburg and Humphrey's and Pueblo Nuevo in Antioch. Anyone have recommendations/suggestions?

Mark,

Unfortunately I am not as familiar with Pittsburg as I wish I was. I do recall not long ago when we stopped by there was a bicycle race going on and several establishments were packed, lines out the door. It is a few blocks to walk from the marina, but they seemed adequate enough. Like I say though, unfortunately I have not been back lately.
As for Antioch, nothing there but Humphrey's, though it does have an excellent view.

Al,

That is one of the ones I was thinking of that was always busy.
But, it is a bit of a walk from the marina.

Betcha Perla would order the gnocchi.

You're right... so we all ride around in model boats?!! How does January 12th and 13th sound to the rest of the Delta gang?

I would totally make the run up from Monterey but I'm out of the country from the 10 to the 23rd. Follow up in the spring?

Put us down as a maybe. We'd love to meet up.

A couple days before the get-together, I'll need to make marina and restaurant reservations.

I can make the 12-13th of January, but Meg might not be able to make it. I have a college friend coming into town that week and we were planning to knock around the delta on the boat for a few days. We can come by Pittsburgh for the fun and frivolity.

OK. Seems we have "positives" for three boats and six persons, with a possible another boat and two persons. Still, haven't heard from several SF/Delta members. ... Lots of stories and fun to share. ... I plan to make reservations by next mid-week. We're looking forward to it.

img_123339_0_5ebe0a8287755a3a544f7dbc73900a62.jpg

Hey all, sounds fun but we have plans that weekend. Hopefully we can meet up later in the year. Thanks for organizing Mark.

You guys are funny, you do know the 49er's are playing Green Bay this Saturday ? We'll be here to help everyone in. There a a few places to eat all within a three block walk of the marina.

Mecca Old large Mexican place that just expanded and re-opened this year
EJ Pharis Micro brewery on one corner with large screens for watching sports and a quieter resturant across the street with a full bar.
Two blocks down a nice new La Veranda, abit more upscale
Another block up Dad's RIBS

Hard to go wrong, and you can away walk over to the Yacht club

See ya Saturday or even Friday nite if you make it early,

Mark

but all nice,

Thanks, Mark

We plan on arriving Saturday afternoon, before the marina closes at 4.

Every time I watch the 49ers play, they lose. There is a reason they are having a winning season.

Thanks, again.

Lol. We'll be at the game which is why we can't join in the cruise. :)

Back
Top Bottom