Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
I can't believe you guys have driers and washing machines on a boat. Dont take that the wrong way as I'm not having a go at you guys, it's more amazement. The admiral and I got excited about planning to get an inverter so I can use my coffee machine when the boat is up to that stage lol.. I suppose if I chose to live on the boat it would be an idea to think about but down here 10mins in the sun and the towels and togs are dry as a bone.

For those that do live on board, what do you do with the steam and grease vapours etc when you cook? Do you have a range hood or do you cook outside?

Cheers
Matt

iPad Forum Runner
The need for a washer/dryer or even a range hood really depends on how you intend to use the boat and the "ease" you expect.

Personally I think that the washer/dryer is a fantastic thing to have, even for boating just a few days at a time. If you leave clothes and towles on the boat, all you have to do is go to the boat to enjoy it. No hauling kit bags full of clothes back and forth, no packing for a boat trip...

If/when I get to cruise full time the washer will become much more of a necesity. Again, no need to take time out of your schedule and lug laundry around.

A Range hood is nice too. Boats tend to colect moisture, cooking generates it. A range hood is just as useful on a boat as it is at home.
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is online now   Reply With Quote