View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
RickB
Scraping Paint

City: Fort Lauderdale
Vessel Model: CHB 48 Zodiac YL 4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
I simply say that since TP1332E makes so many references to ABYC that you cannot understand it without an understanding of ABYC.
Any marine industry professional is quite capable of understanding the letter and intent of the regulations. We don't have to belong to ABYC (though I do for several reasons) and we don't have to be a member of your hammer whacker's club.

Most of us in the business are members of the other organizations mentioned by TC and hold professional licensure to perform the tasks and roles that the toyboat surveyor clubs profess but whose members lack any outside evaluation, standardization, training, or certification to hold themselves out to the public as arbiters of marine safety and construction or maintenance practices.

Don't interpret that as my feeling that you and your ilk are threatening my livelihood because I can assure you that you are not even in the same part of the yachting planet so represent no threat whatsoever. You and your ilk do threaten the recreational boating industry by your lack of quality control and ability to effectively write the rules as you go along.

If you feel like you can come here and promote yourself and your club, then I have the same right to tell the other side of the story ... I do it without the commercial marketing scam though. I have nothing to gain by stating the facts as opposed to the advertising and editorial material you presented.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote