Long range up to 43" for live aboard ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bemvindo Luciano, your plans sound very good!
Do you know these people and their website? It is very interesting they may have some advice also.
www.projetojade.com

Best of luck to you
Steve W

Portuguese

Sei barco foi feito no Brasil? Que tamanho tem? Muito bom

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa, Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

with Morgan O/Is and Gulfstars to know to not even bother trying to make headway by sail to windward in these pigs.

These are examples of dock condos , created similar to many TT.Volume was the design goal.

Ocean was never part of the design concept , nor windward sailing.

Great for living aboard and going to a protected anchorage on a very nice day, or cruising protected waters like the ICW.

A real motor sailor is a far more capable vessel than either of these condos with masts..

Just as a Nordhaven is able to leave the dock while a TT will be looking to double the lines and add fenders.

While the silence of sail is an attraction for some , the unlimited range , as well as a higher assured passage speed is the attraction for others.

A motor boat has to be very special for 4000mn range , no big deal with sails.And no $12.00 an hour fuel bill.

The downside to a MS is that much of the vessels living space is below deck.

The big window ocean view is reserved usually for only the pilot house , not a couple of decks worth.

One interesting aspect of a MS is thaht low power gives good speed.

Just as a trawler would not be operated at WOT for a cruise , the use of poorer sail configurations gives good results.

While the "racers" will be lining the rail looking for the last .0001 a cruiser will unroll a mainsail , and a window shade jib and at 75% of the sail area do just fine on a passage. Some are electrically furled for the lazier folks.

Last edited:
Just saw a boat company on the Discovery channel y-day, of interest. All Ocean Yachts. They are built like very well fitted out small, personal, battleships. They mentioned that their design qualification was handling a 75' rogue wave! Quite a bar to make a boat to, to say the least!!! They aren't gizmo crazy either, like some boats seem to be (if you can't dazzle with brilliance, baffle with bullshi* mentality). I really liked the owner/designers showing that they make their keel out of an I beam that weighs 110#/foot. and then they box that with 3/8" steel, as all underwater hull is! I'm not necessarily a fan of personal boats made of steel (too much time with a needle gun early on), but they also showed their finish techniques, wow is the only word, yet still inadequate to show how it impressed me. It takes a lot to make me sit up and take notice manufacturing, details as everything is built to a price point today. Being owner/designer/builders really shows in the huge satisfaction and pride with the boat quality they turn out. I found my "Lottery boat" y-day.:smitten:

Just saw a boat company on the Discovery channel y-day, of interest. All Ocean Yachts. They are built like very well fitted out small, personal, battleships.

Are you sure they have built one?

Are you sure they have built one?

:oops:, made 2 mistakes.

It was the travel channel and the company is All Seas (not Ocean). For some reason the online videos of the show stop with the computer generated line matrix views. The tv program continued on showing laying the hull, house, the fact that the son writes all the codes for the proprietary electronic stuff that can be viewed on the boat's monitors, the way they combat rust, etc, etc.

Hell I'd like to get one of their old commercial boats and convert. Much more likely than ever affording one of their ready to go yachts

Here's a link, but like I said its cut short.
http://www.travelchannel.com/video/allseas-yachts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom