View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Tom.B
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
I was there yesterday, but not in the boat. It's not always available, but the marina (Oriental Marina and Inn) will take you in if there isn't room. Remember there is a 48 hour limit to stay on the free dock. You can also just anchor behind the seawall and use the dinghy dock as a backup option. There is no power there. Don't expect much of anything to be open on Xmas day. Maybe a bar or two, but I would highly doubt the Provision Company or many of the nearby restaurants will be open.

If Bess and I find ourselves down there... and we might... we'll stop by and say hello. If you need a ride anywhere or need something brought to you, PLEASE let me know. We have quite a few friends there that we can call that will help you out.

Here is the webcam you can use to check the docks availability at the town's unofficial site:
HarborCam | TownDock.net | Oriental NC News, Weather, Photos

BTW... The Town Dock is the single pier in the middle of this camera shot. To the LEFT (mostly behind The Bean coffee shop) is the Inn. To the RIGHT and in the background, are the fish markets.