Mainship Pilot 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
While reading the article on the couple that cruises close to home (PMM August) I was reminded how much I liked the Pilot 34. Though I do not have one now, I wish I did! The blue hulled 34 was to me, the ultimate 2 person boat. Great looking. cockpit, a good turn of speed (if you need it) and very nice quarters below. Mark my words dear readers....the Pilot 30 & 34 will be "classics" and in demand for many years to come.

Attachments

• sister ship.png
    sister ship.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 305
Obviously that last attached photo <u>is not a Pilot 34!</u> It is, however, a damn good boat but does not have the performance or range of the P-34.

Walt

I too used to own a Pilot 34. In fact the boat written about in the article about cruising close to home is the boat that I owned. I echo your favorable opinion. We cruised that boat all around Florida South Carolina and as far north as the Chesapeake. Easy on fuel--16-17 knot cruise and very comfortable. A classic she is. We cruise a Sabre 42 now. While the speed comfort and space are extremely nice there are still things I miss about the Pilot 34. It was almost a perfect design for a cruising couple.

Here here. I think they are a tremendous value. They are extremely easy to operate and maintain as well. Boy you can get 'em cheap right now.* And the latest generation 34 is a damn good looking boat!!!!* The new 31 is pretty damn cool too.**I like how they brought the galley out into the cockpit on the new 31.* Makes perfect sense to me.

-- Edited by Baker at 18:46, 2008-12-08

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom