Flipping over Rainha Jannota - the movie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Gents

For those who like movies

Regards

Portuguese

with those bilge keels you may be over worried about stability

Thanks for sharing!* So when is the boat's splash date?

Well that went about as smooth as could be expected.

Are you the one in the yellow shirt?

Absolutely beautiful lines and the bilge keels are going to do a lot for any stability issues.

Ya gotta be proud of your accomplishments.

*Bravo!! Skipper *Bravo!!!

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 11:20:45 AM

Not only does the boat look to be a work of art, so does the video - perfect sound track for the occasion!

*carlings.

Are two pieces of timber laid fore and aft under the deck of a ship, from one beam to another, directly over the keel. They serve as a foundation for the whole body of the ship; on these the ledges rest, whereon the planks of the deck, and other structures are fastened. The ends of the curlings are let culvertail into the beams.

Also.

SD

Superb video! Gorgeous hull. Great to have a video that you can enjoy for years to come. Well done.

Really a great video and a beautiful vessel, Fernando.* It will be fun watching you build her.* I hope you end up with enough video at the end to make a documentary of the process.

Portuguese wrote:
Gents

For those who like movies

Regards

Portuguese
*The boat looks as beautiful as the Girl in the song. I'm sure everyone will sigh when she goes by.

Antonio Carlos Jobim would be proud.

-- Edited by JD on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 05:33:10 PM

Let's hope from 2001 a Space Odessey, this soon becomes a 2012 (or 13) Ocean Odessey, eh...?

Gents:
I would like to thank you all for your kind words. This is the motivation that we need to keep pouring my pay checks, and more, in this boat every month.
Scott & Skipperdude, I was told the same about stability many times. I hope you guys are correct about the bilge keels.
Skipperdude, I am the guy in green T-shirt and black pants, the fat one. The guy in yellow is the master artist behind the woodwork master piece. Yes mate, we are really proud so far!
Phill: we are looking to splash in Q1 2014, hopefully.
Superdiver, Conrad, Headhustler, CHARLES, JD and Peter B, thank you for your kind words and wishes.
FlyWright, the admiral has made that, her most important project for the next 2 years. She has all she needs, portable hard disk, memory cards, video editing software, etc.
Guys, here is a little joke. When we finished laminating the FG coating, after the first long 3 weeks sanding section, we painted the hull with a special coat that brings to light defects and areas needing more smoothing work. Look at the color! Please do not miss understand or try to connect the color to bad habits. Still it was very frustrating to see my boat painted with this Barbie cover even being for a good cause

Attachments

• barbieboat.jpg
    barbieboat.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 93
FlyWright wrote:
ahhhh...this is your boat's feminine side.
That would be a great color for a repaint of Flywright! I'd even send you a* matching hat Al.
biggrin.gif

dwhatty wrote:FlyWright wrote:
That would be a great color for a repaint of Flywright! I'd even send you a* matching hat Al.
biggrin.gif

*Ha!* You mean your wife's hat?* Is she OK with this?

Attachments

• pinky.jpg
    pinky.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 118
Never seen anything like that (rolling the boat over)*before.* Nice execution!

FlyWright wrote:dwhatty wrote:FlyWright wrote:
biggrin.gif

*Ha!* You mean your wife's hat?* Is she OK with this?

*We have matching hats.

The technical name I`ve heard for unevenness disclosing paint is "shadowcoat". Sanding it shows highs and lows, by being sanded off,or not.

The technical name I`ve heard for unevenness disclosing paint is "shadowcoat". Sanding it shows highs and lows, by being sanded off,or not.

I second that, tho usually it's a black coat not pink. Must be an European thing ay! Lolololol :-D

iPad Forum Runner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom