Another day at the office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
One of our still photographers shot these on a shoot I directed this morning. The project is a marketing video for a new interactive maintenance training program for the 787.

They were changing an engine on this particular plane, hence the red lock-out tags on various things on the flight deck. The 787 is not my favorite airplane but it does have a nice flight deck.

The laptop the maintenance instructor is holding is how mechanics interface with the entire plane. It connects wirelessly to the airplane's fault diagnosis system and the central maintenance computer, it contains all the manuals for the plane and contains all the step-by-step maintenance procedures to fix any fault on the plane. It--- other than replacement parts and tools--- is the only thing the mechanics take to the plane to work on it.

Attachments

• 787 Shoot 2.jpg
    787 Shoot 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 787 Shoot 1.jpg
    787 Shoot 1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Looks cramped ;)

The first photo is my day job letter carrier 'office'. The second is my personal 'office' where I go photographing with my hiking partner. No walls cramping me in :)

Attachments

• front window snow.jpg
    front window snow.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 87
  • Forest Zain.jpg
    Forest Zain.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 79
I like both of your offices a lot. But can you take them to 45,000 feet in perfect comfort and be on the other side of the world in a matter of hours?:)

Last edited:
Well, not really, but can you graze on psilocybin growing at your feet, then astro-travel through the far depths of the Universe or fall endlessly on fractal geometric waves into the tips of fern fronds.

Not saying I do it, but the option is definitely there!

Greetings,
Mr. Marin. I think Mr. Murray has you there. In SPADES!!!!

That's true unless you took flats of psilocybin and ferns on the plane with you. Then you could say "I grazed on psilocybin growing at my feet, then astro-traveled through the far depths of the Universe and fell endlessly on fractal geometric waves into the tips of fern fronds in Ireland."

Office? What's an office?

Oh, I kind of remember that term. It was a place several miles from home where I surfed on boating websites much of the day. Yeah, that was it!

Office? What's an office?

Oh, I kind of remember that term.

Sigh...

It'll be about 13 years before I get to post a smug, nasty, low bellied, self satisfying comment like that :cry:

Sigh...

It'll be about 13 years before I get to post a smug, nasty, low bellied, self satisfying comment like that :cry:

If I had known how much fun retirement can be, I'd have done it 20 years earlier!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom