45' Northwest Trawler purchase & trip south to Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmnj

This is a follow up on two previous posts in regards to requesting information on a 45' Northwest Trawler and our trip from Annapolis, Md to Florida. I'm very please to say that after much due diligence and help from responses from the Trawler Forum I purchased "The Path" a 2008 45' Northwest Trawler. We just completed our fantastic trip home to WPB, Fl this past Wed. The first half of our trip was mostly in the ICW to get used to her and the second half of our trip was off shore. I've been a licensed captain for more than 25 years and I really was not expecting to have so much fun and so few problems on a new unfamiliar boat.. Offshore we ran in to 4-6' seas with an occasional 8 footer, We really didn't even have to secure much of our gear and it was actually a pleasant ride. Who says you can't catch fish on a trawler. We caught two School Tuna and a 40-45lb Wahoo. All my previous boats have been fast planning hulls and I was really wondering when I purchased her if I was going to be happy slowing down. Well I have to say I couldn't be more pleased. She cruises at a comfortable 9kts and tops out at 12.5kts without any current. Her fuel burn is reasonable and she is so..... comfortable. Check out some pics. I guess I converted from a sport fisherman to a trawler man. She will be available for charter after the holidays. Check out some pics. and thank you all for your help and guidance.

image-2952188116.jpg

image-2659599623.jpg

image-594235556.jpg

image-398050565.jpg

Beautiful. An island cruiser for sure!:thumb:

Very nice looking boat!!!

L L L LOVE it mate. That's one sexy boat. I especially love the radar arch!

iPad Forum Runner

Congrats! You have a fine vessel for many purposes.

Beautiful boat! The Northwest 45 would have made my short list had I been able to locate one on the east coast when we were in buying mode. Enjoy!

Dave

She cruises at a comfortable 9kts and tops out at 12.5kts without any current.
Her fuel burn is reasonable

Drop to about 7K and your fuel burn may go down by HALF!

Back
Top Bottom