View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
Phil Fill
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
The brokers locations and boats location. It does not matter how good the broker is if he is not located where the potential buyers are. When we sell the Eagle I will definitely move it back on Lake Union that has majority of the brokers and potential buyers/foot traffic. I would not sell it a Everett as it does not have the traffic and 30 miles north of Seattle. Location Location Location.

However, I would not turn the boat over to a broker as brokers do not check/care for the boat as well as they should, so make sure you check on the boat and the brokers. You might want to spend the bucks to have the boat cleaned/detailed and window dress as looks/blink/shine does sell a boat. Most of the high end boats/brokers will show/window dress the boat.

Might share some of the cost for advertizing, front slip and/or something to will catch the eye of a buyer. I mean that how my wife noticed the Eagle as it was 20 ft longer than the rest of the boats, so she could not miss it. Anyway selling is getting the boat noticed and potential buyers location.

Also do not give the broker a large advance payment, and not let the broker handle the transaction as many brokers live hand to mouth, so make sure the broker has a long history. Brokers come and go!

Being a live aboard for 15+ years and moored on aBrokers dock for 11+ years, we hear and seen a lot of shady deals and brokers that have failed.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote