2013 boat options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Top secreet boat options that are not yet released on the web

1 . Mermaid feeding station. Helps you pass the time away when on the hook.

2. Jake Brake on engine. Help slow you down when coming in to the no wake zone

did you hear about any others? :)

Hydrofoil kit for trawlers
Steve W

traditional meat grinder retrofitted and mounted on transom to just direct grind your hard earned cash into the water and cut out the middle man of service yard, mechanics, etc. :)

Popiel (maker of the fantastic "Pocket Fisherman")has a new shazam thing on the market. It's a variation of the "Magic Vac" that sucks cash and credit cards out of the purses and wallets of those who cruise with you.

Two models available....for $19.95 you get the standard Magic Vac that stores the items it gathers into a detachable bag for separating and counting at a later time. The upgraded Magic Vac, which sells for $199.95 automatically deposits the cash into your bank account and adds a charge to the credit and debit cards it collects, then deposits those sums in your account.

Greetings,
I have it on good authority that a well known boat company will be offering a hydraulic mechanism connected to a galley module to forever solve the galley up galley down dilemma and Emmit Brown is working on a marine version of his Mr. Fusion.

Parking brake. Eliminates dock line clutter.

Spuds.

A low cost alternative to Marina fees.

Just drive up to where you want to be and a computer controlled motor will drive the spud into the bottom.

Swing with the tide. No more anchor threads, except maybe how should the bottom of the spud be shaped? Oh well, it continues.

Mike

A combination Rocna Anchor with a .30 Call machine gun built into the shank. Clears room in a crowded anchorage very quickly..

Dehydrated water packets for life rafts. Just add water...

traditional meat grinder retrofitted and mounted on transom to just direct grind your hard earned cash into the water and cut out the middle man of service yard, mechanics, etc. :)

Isn't that called a boat? Bring Out Another Thousand lol

iPad Forum Runner

Spuds.,,,A low cost alternative to Marina fees.

A self jacking spud hovercraft might be better.

No worry about thin or no water , no hassle with the local Leos about anchoring restrictions.

After jacking you are aground , hoist 2 black balls , and enjoy the water with no wake hassles.

My dream cruiser!

Did you see the new trawler trailers? It's a floating trailer you hook to the back of the trawler on extended cruises for all the stuff that you don't have room for. Airstream has plans for one that you can actually store your unwanted over night guests in.

Ted

Did you see the new trawler trailers? It's a floating trailer you hook to the back of the trawler on extended cruises for all the stuff that you don't have room for. Airstream has plans for one that you can actually store your unwanted over night guests in.

Ted

Historically called a "pontoon" lol

iPad Forum Runner

:hide:A device that uses noise cancellation technology to prevent the phrase "break out another thousand" and "a hole in the water where money is thrown" from ever making it to a boat owner's ears or eyes. (sorry) :angel:

Spuds.,,,A low cost alternative to Marina fees.

A self jacking spud hovercraft might be better.

No worry about thin or no water , no hassle with the local Leos about anchoring restrictions.

After jacking you are aground , hoist 2 black balls , and enjoy the water with no wake hassles.

My dream cruiser!

You want spuds? Here ya go, these have a a big foam filled steel foot on the bottom. A hydraulic rack and pinion on each leg drives the leg down, when the pad reaches the bottom the drive lifts the barge out of the water.
Called "jack up barges, they are used to in the oil fields the deep water versions are huge.
Steve W

Attachments

• Terrebonne Bay trip May 2009 007.JPG
    Terrebonne Bay trip May 2009 007.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 89
You want spuds? Here ya go, these have a a big foam filled steel foot on the bottom. A hydraulic rack and pinion on each leg drives the leg down, when the pad reaches the bottom the drive lifts the barge out of the water.
Called "jack up barges, they are used to in the oil fields the deep water versions are huge.
Steve W

Now, them r spuds!:socool:

A jack-up would solve everyone's anchor problems they seem to always have...

This won't catch on. It will be hailed as being for "Sissy's " on blogs like this just as the bow and stern thrusters are now.:) Real seamen don't need them.:banghead:

Actually I would like to have valet docking! :thumb::dance:

I already ask/beg/whine for assistance when docking.:facepalm:

Use the bow thruster all the time when manuvering. :flowers:

If I had my choose I would take twin engines with bow and stern thruster, plus dock assistance. But valet dock would be cool! :socool: I love valet parking at the mall and restaurants.:D

solar flare and moon beam microwave ovens, no need to fire up the generator

pilot house jettison capsule for life raft. pull to handle to separate.

Slideouts like campping trailers

No . . . you're forgetting "self leveling parking". Using electrical and pneumatic controls from 1960's Citroen cars engineers have used these to make ex-submarine ballast tanks "trim" the gunnel so that you can easily push the wheeled shopping basket onto the jetty . . . well, what else would you do with those acres of space you have on board?

However, upon return you MUST be careful to press the green "up" button and NOT the red "down" button on the IR control . . . lest you really do want to give that wheelhouse carpet that good a wash! :ermm:

Haven't notice that professional sailors were embarrassed to use tug boats to help maneuver their boats/ships.

img_121120_0_ebc158dca9acfb684d242b22d9bad2f6.jpg

So, I'm not apologizing for the bow thruster on my single-engined boat. Neither should owners of twins, with or without thruster(s).

You know how we all say fuel isn't a major cost of boating, yet we all stick our chests out just a bit when we brag about saving fuel while we creep along? You know how the world is coming to an end because of all that wasteful consumption of carbon-based fuels and our 'don't-you-dare-debate-it" global warming? Wouldn't you like to lead the pack in providing a solution to this worldwide dilemma? Well, boys and girls, this power option will move you to the front of the brag line!!

It's the Perpetual Motion optional propulsion system. Through a combination of a small, silent, exhaust-free diesel engine with return fuel equal to the consumed fuel, wind generators powered by relative wind, solar cells which accumulate power from the very LED lights on the boat it powers, and the LTA (lighter than air) helium-ion battery packs which require miniscule space yet lighten the vessel's displacement while accepting a charge immediately and providing that charge at high loads over immense periods of time.

But don't expect to receive any admiring glances from your fellow mariners at the fuel dock, because you won't be traveling to those docks any longer. Fame and admiration will fall upon you at the yacht club, where only the most green and gentile yachties go.

I bought a Prius just to save enough on highway fuel use to keep Juniata's tanks filled. Unfortunately, it drowned last year during hurricane Irene, so I had to buy another. So far I don't really think I'm ahead of the game.

For 2013 Moonstruck is going to be powered 100% with Flywright's snake oil!

thats ok, 2014 boats are going to run on salt water, and the 2015 boats are going to be able to run on fresh water :)

no data yet on how many gpm of water to make 300 hp

Available for all Trawlers by Q4 2013:

NEW “Sail Assist-Fuel Always” apparatus!

Mast and boom easily mount on any trawler. Automatic hydraulic winch to raise sails is Wi-Fi connected to read fuel tank levels. For every gallon fuel used winch raises sail appropriate height till tanks are empty and boat then continues travel under full sail. Expensive but useful add-on feature hooks directly to AP unit and via GPS sails boat to nearest fuel dock... works anywhere in the world, no need to ever worry bout runnen Out O’ Fuel again. PS: If engine fails with fuel still in tank the sails’ winch can be manually activated with add-on feature still functional... long as you have a good battery bank that is well charged!
:thumb:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom