in seartch of Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter Craig

Hi All
Several years ago I purchased a CHB 36ft (locally known as a Coral Sea 36) of undetermined age, manufactured in Taiwan and it could have been manufactured around 1984, the subsequent model was know as the Sundecker, also possibly a local name.
I am now into making models and am interested in purchasing a set of hull plans at least, (there is still a working vessel the same as mine here in Airlie Beach, Queensland that I can measure to work out some plans for the superstructure). It would be better to purchase the complete set, but not the end of the world if I can't. and if the best I can do is a plan of the Sundecker that will do as a friend of mine has one and as far as we can tell the hull is basically the same.
I hope all of this is understandable.
Regards Pete Craig

Sorry, no help on your plan search. But saw you are from Airlie Beach. That was the site of the first ever Latitudes & Attitudes International Cruiser's party. Lats & Atts was an American/Int'l sailing/cruising magazine that recently folded. We had many more int'l parties (Tonga, BVI, Thailand, etc.), but that one will always be the one that started it.

Good luck in your search, and welcome to the forum!

Hi Moonfish
Thanks, what year was that/ Things have quietened down a bit lately due to the global slowdown.
Regards Pete

Hi

All of these Taiwan builds are said to be copies of Grand Banks, But GB`s are themselves a copy of Fleming, right? :)

Anyway, the GB site has a quite good collection of drawings you might find useful.
Just take a look at this: very similar to your boat i think?

And if its not completely the same, its maybe better to use this as a template you can adjust??

Grand Banks Yachts - Retired Models

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom