Miami Boat Show Feb.14-18 get together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Several have indicated that they plan to be at the show. So far we have

Hopcar
Healhustler
motion30
DougCole
Anode
Moonstruck
yachtbrokerguy--no lunch but working show

Looks like enough to try to get together for lunch. Anyone else on the forum going please let us know and we will count you in.

HopCar and Healhustler are the locals. Can we count on you guys to figure a place. We'll get a time and date when we know who can make what day.

Last edited:
I will be there but working so it is hard to get away for lunch. Stop by to say hello however, our display is in the middle of the show at the outer dock, two ramps south of the cocktail barge, slips 211 thru 217. Flags will be Bradford Marine.
Tucker Fallon

Attachments

• Miami Boat Show 2012.jpg
    Miami Boat Show 2012.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 105
We'll be anchored off Miami Beach and will most certainly be at the show. We're part of some announcements of new products - make sure to spend some time in the electronics area!

Will everybody have a car? Would meeting some where that has access by both land and water be good?

Finnegan's River | Come by land or by sea.
Miami River, I've never been here.
Welcome to Boater's Grill
No Name Harbor,
Monty's South Beach | Monty's Raw Bar at South Beach
Miami Beach Marina, I like Monty's but the marina can be unfriendly to people wanting to use the dinghy dock. Parking will be an issue durring the boat show.
Miami International Links / Melreese Country Club
Miami River - about an hour from the mouth of the river, near Miami International Airport. This is my favorite lunch spot but it's a long way up the river. Food is well above average.

Any more suggestions?

Who is arriving in Miami by boat and where will you be?

Good lunch spot at Sealine in water area

I live in Miami and go every year. The best spot for me is in the hotel-condo complex right at the in water show. The deli- market called Faubourg has good reasonable food and is right at the show site. They have an area with tables that can easily hold a dozen or more.

BTW I am new to this forum but may know some though other forums. We cruise annually from Miami to points north. Krogen 48 Whaleback, starting 9th season.

BTW I am new to this forum but may know some though other forums. We cruise annually from Miami to points north. Krogen 48 Whaleback, starting 9th season.

Did you just leave New Bern?

I live in Miami and go every year. The best spot for me is in the hotel-condo complex right at the in water show. The deli- market called Faubourg has good reasonable food and is right at the show site. They have an area with tables that can easily hold a dozen or more.

Glad to have you aboard. I think we saw you at Jekyll Harbor Marina about May '11.
Sounds like a good suggestion. We will start pulling this together as a few more people sign on. Hopcar is kind of finding the place. I'm sure he will comment on your suggestion.

Did you just leave New Bern?

I don't think so, he lives in Melborne or someplace close to there.

On another note is your boat going to be ready on Saturday??

I think this is a link to the menu of the place suggested by Allgria.
Le Faubourg Food Center menu - Miami, FL 33132 - (305) 377-3111
The food sounds good to me. Parking at any of the show venues is an issue and I don't think you could arrive by boat. The show buses do go there.

How important is access by boat?

Will anyone besides our Active Captain friends be anchoring out or even staying on their boat?

What days will everybody be there?

Will everybody be there for opening day, Thursday? The show closes early on Thursday and maybe we could meet for an early dinner?

Will everybody be there for opening day, Thursday? The show closes early on Thursday and maybe we could meet for an early dinner?

Don't take this the wrong way but there's not a chance in hell that I'll be at a dinner with a bunch of TrawlerForum guys on Valentine's Day. I know that I'm way past too lucky to have the wife I have and she gets all my attention on February 14th.

Can't we just meet for a beer on Friday or Saturday at the show?

Meeting at the convention center does make sense. I'm sure we're all planning to spend a lot of time there. Since some of us are working the show, maybe we could arrange with the show to allow us to gather in the luxurious Exhibitors Lounge and Massage Parlor? The food is bad and expensive but it's the only place I can think of where a group could sit and talk at the show. Any other ideas?

We plan to be there...not sure where we'll stay...but more than likely on land...

JAT, I look forward to meeting you.

Lou and I were talking about our cruise down to Biscayne Bay when she said, "we're not going to the Bahamas this year". So, I asked, "do you want to go back to the Bahamas". She said, "yes, I love it". So, what is a guy to do, but say yes.

That is the new plan. Drive down to the Miami Boat Show. Hopefully, we will have a lunch or dinner get together of TF folks. The Bahama trip will have to wait until I can clear about a month off.

Just put the new SOC meter on the boat. She has a new Charles battery charger and new pure sine wave inverter. I have learned my lesson. There is a spare charger and a spare inverter on board. We should be set for independent living. Hopefully we can spend the great majority of our time in the isolated out islands.

We're locked in for the show.
C-dock at the Miami Beach Marina.
Should be around Thursday Friday and Saturday and at the show on Friday and Saturday.

RTF, I really think you should come.

Anode, There is a little marine store in the marina. The manager is Pam Hutchison. She used to work for me and is very knowledgeable about boat stuff and a nice lady.

Anode, There is a little marine store in the marina. The manager is Pam Hutchison. She used to work for me and is very knowledgeable about boat stuff and a nice lady.

Yeah, I know who you're speaking about. I was impressed that some lady in a marine store would know what she was talking about. It sounds negative to say that the majority of the time in Miami, they don't know anything but the price.

Boat show time is always a little hectic but I'll try to stick my head in and say hello and tell her I heard nice things said.
Thanks

Looks like I will be driving down for the day. When you guys settle on a time and place, I'll try to make it that day.

Mr. R. T., you can come, and just not tell us who you are.:D

Having lunch at the Convention Center is sure convenient, but man....that food is really bad and really expensive. Geeze.....we need to get a deal to entertain on someone's boat. Hey, how about calling the Bayliner Dealer and tell him we're flying in a group of perspective buyers. Who's got the biggest boat on the floor? Maybe Searay. Heck, they might even supply the lunch.;)

Cannot make the Miami show but will be at the Vancouver show this weekend.Leaving waller at home LOL.:)

Back
Top Bottom