Inflatable Boat or Hard Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you need to follow the crowd, walk your marina and note the number of boats with each of the different choices, then go to the store and get the most popular one. In my marina, that would be a RIB by a large margin.

We became tired of many years using deflatables and now are very satisfied with our Portland Pudgy. It rows well, has built in storage and no leaking tubes!!

I'd be suspect of any boat named after an animal!

Training ship Golden Bear practicing launching of its hard dinghy.

img_115680_0_b5ab2e8776ce0c897a0ca88d8c5fb2f8.jpg

(California Maritime Academy, Vallejo CA; Nov. 27, 2012)

I chose a hard dinghy. Email received today:

"Hi Mark,

Your boat will be finished at the end of this week and I will schedule the shipping with Bekins/Home Direct. Please send your final balance of ... Thank you again for your order of a Trinka and we hope you will enjoy the boat for many years to come.

Best regards,
Suzanne Johannsen"

I always use Inflatable boats and now with our cruise to do, I bought a RIB 360 from China, you know whats happen, the brand new boat has 3 chambers leaking. and I don't know what to do.
I still love inflatable boats but do not advise you to buy inflatable boats without seeing and chose a good brand.
Never buy from "Qingdao Shunyu Yacht Co.,Ltd".

I always use Inflatable boats and now with our cruise to do, I bought a RIB 360 from China, you know whats happen, the brand new boat has 3 chambers leaking. and I don't know what to do.
I still love inflatable boats but do not advise you to buy inflatable boats without seeing and chose a good brand.
Never buy from "Qingdao Shunyu Yacht Co.,Ltd".

Every time i break down and buy chineese it always seems to end like your experiance. I guess they want us to just keep buying and buying

I know that has parts made by China and by China, I saw that has more than 1,500 inflatables boats Factories in China and must have good factories but unfortunately I choosed the bad one.
My solution is: I'll bring it to Brazil and will sell there and I'll buy another one, safe one

I indend to buy another one, any idea of brand?
MODEL: RIB 360

It's very much a matter of the old adage 'you get what you pay for'.

I have bought a couple of Chinese built RIB's in the last 10 years or so. They are about half the price of a premium brands such as Avon etc, and they seem to have about half the life span.

I have changed from PVC to Hyperlon fabric, however like you Alemao, I have found that it is the seams that go first, and that tends to be the death knell for a RIB.

It seems that just about anyone can visit one of these Chinese factories, put your own name on the RIB, print some flyers, get a review in the local boat mag, and hey presto you're a boat(small) manufacturer.Caveat Emptor indeed.

You are right Andy, You got what you paid, I paid 50% and had nothing, leaks and even being very young, can not be filled with air

I already saw the inflatabler boat from West Marine, it appears like a good boat and was made in China. I think that I'll earn money but I lost.
In China has a lot of good factories, we have to research to choose a good one.

I call a guy to see my inflatable because I'll try to retube by hypalon and I have a great notice that it was made by Hypalon :) and he can fix the leaks per $ 350.
I'm strangely happy because I will lose only $ 350.
Today I already saw famous brans 12' RIB Hypalon per $ 5,500 or West Marine 350, per $ 3,000.

Great!
I called a guy that is one of the best in inflatables repairs here in Fort Lauderdale and he saw my "new boat"and told me that he can fix the leaks.
At least I lost less than I expected.
Chinese, just in the store that you can see.

My dingy arrived yesterday inflated and holding air :) Now it looks like new and I little more poor.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa, Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

It's very much a matter of the old adage 'you get what you pay for'.
I have bought a couple of Chinese built RIB's in the last 10 years or so. They are about half the price of a premium brands such as Avon etc, and they seem to have about half the life span.
About 5-6 years ago, in Australia, we bought an "Island Inflatables" 2.7m, made in Korea. I repainted the metal outboard pads, but the tubes have given no trouble so far. Other owners I met were happy too. The seller sometimes exhibits at the Boat Show Sydney.

About 5-6 years ago, in Australia, we bought an "Island Inflatables" 2.7m, made in Korea. I repainted the metal outboard pads, but the tubes have given no trouble so far. Other owners I met were happy too. The seller sometimes exhibits at the Boat Show Sydney.

the biggest enemy i think is the sun so a dinghy cover is likely to pay back its cost over time plus keep er clean

the biggest enemy i think is the sun so a dinghy cover is likely to pay back its cost over time plus keep er clean

Right you are. Our dinghy is carried on its side on the stern. It is covered with an el cheepo dinghy cover that is put on from the rear to cover the top sides. I also use 303 protectant on it. The cheep cover gets tears in it that are just covered with duct tape. When cruising we just remove the cover as the name is on the bottom of the dinghy.

Bruce,
I'm shure that has chinese and Korean good boats but I made a bad choice choosing just by internet.
I think that we have to see and touch the boat before to buy.
I climed tyhe factory about the leakings and the conditions of my boat and they didn't answer.
Now it's OK, I'll try to attach a picture.

Right you are. Our dinghy is carried on its side on the stern. It is covered with an el cheepo dinghy cover that is put on from the rear to cover the top sides. I also use 303 protectant on it. The cheep cover gets tears in it that are just covered with duct tape. When cruising we just remove the cover as the name is on the bottom of the dinghy.

dont you care what the neighbors r gonna think at the marina when they see that fancy yatch with a patched up ducktaped dinghy cover? U might try puting a tin cup next to it.......:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom