I find this amusing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it. And if a Sidewinder can be mounted on a Hobie Cat it would be a snap to mount one on a cruiser like ours. As such it could be very effective against the people in anchorages who run their generators all day and half the night, or play really annoying music at full volume through their flying bridge speakers even when nobody is up there. Or to clear off a mooring buoy if you arrive in a marine park and find all the buoys taken.

As to the PWC thing, you could also try to do what San Juan County did a number of years ago and simply ban the recreational use of PWCs in the county altogether. The ban survived all the court challenges and as a result, no buzzing, chain-saw sounding hot doggers on PWCs in the San Juan Islands. The only legal use is law enforcement and emergencies.

I'm going to measure my boat for one today. Will be great to take care of those guys who don't like to slow down when entering a anchorage.

I've found my spud gun works quite well as a PWC repellant. They're cheap to build, fun to shoot, ammo is plentiful and they're about the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
P3190716.JPG

P3190711.JPG

I've built a couple dozen of these for friends. They love 'em.

Something like this is more to my liking:

Oerlikon 20 mm cannon

A simple method of ending PWC noise is to obtain scrap polly pro line , It floats.

Cut it into 2 -3 ft chunks and undo the strands .

Drop them in the water near your vessel, where they will be sucked into the PWC intake,

In a short while SILENCE will be the result.

Drop them in the water near your vessel, where they will be sucked into the PWC intake,

In a short while SILENCE will be the result.

It will get real quiet in your jail cell while you try and figure out how to pay the $500K fine but you might have up to 6 years to work on it. But then you will have to deal with the civil penalties and the PWC driver's lawsuit ...

They say silence is golden and getting it your way may take a lot of gold.

Many years ago, when Jet Skis were new, a customer of mine was anchored in a quite spot in the Florida Keys. A nut job on one of the noisy things started to buzz his boat. The guy just wouldn't go away. I think he even tried to throw spray on the boat. My customer lost it. He pulled out a revolver and shot the guy. I was stunned when I heard this. I had no idea he was such a good shot.

The guy lived, my customer went to jail, but not for too long. I think the folks in the Keys thought the shooting was justified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom