Saw One of These New hard Tops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We live in south Florida Chuck

Chuck, which coast? I was a East coaster, now a Westerner. I bought a tubing bender, notcher, and roller, with intentions of doing my own framework for a hardtop or a rigid frame for a canvas cover like seen on most T-tops, on the flybridge and a rooftop extension similar to the MkI Mainships with dinghy davits incorporated. I too think its the translucency thats causing the lukewarm reviews.

I bought all this equipment so I could build some parts for my Jeep build, and being able to attempt to do some stuff on my boat is a bonus.

Last edited:
Chuck, is the material some sort of extra tough polycarbonate..?
I can see that wind wise there is little resistance offered, the wind would shoot straight through, as there is no aerofoil shape to cause lift either However, I was just a bit concerned re impact damage as in our part of the world hail golfball size is not that uncommon, hence my query.

Peter, I can't see how hail would dent it due to the way it's constructed. But I would suggest you contact Hard To Top with the question and I'm sure they will reply. Chuck

What would a bimini like that cost? I just had a conventional bimini built about that same size that set me back around $2100 (1" diameter, thick wall stainless bows, Sunbrella Plus)

If any company comes up with a nice-looking semi-portable hard-top, I would be most interested in checking it out. The one referenced in this thread is not it.

Originally Posted by ColonyCove
Just the thing for those who want their trawlers to have that trailer trash look.

This is completely uncalled for! :mad:

I firmly agree Gonzo! :thumb:

IMHO – Any placement of items on a boat that the boat owner desires/likes is A-OK, so long as it does not interfere with other boaters’ equipment or docks. Looks/usefulness is in the eye/mind of the beholder/owner. To those who post rude remarks about other’s desired specifics placed on their own boats – Shame on YOU! :nonono: :eek: :banghead:

Regarding this thread’s topic, i.e. upper most top coverings: Costs and usefulness and wind age and last ability are some prime items that come into play for a boat owner. The way I like it for bimini tops it is low wind age with the tall items capable to quickly and easily be furled, fully battened down, and boot-wrap-protected while providing great usefulness when erect. Sunbrella bimini lasts many, many years when furled dry and boot-covered. Also, by dropping all tall items on boat it is easier to locate covered berth for great weather protection during the times of non use.
:D

Attachments

• TO in Delta Tules 100_0429.jpg
    TO in Delta Tules 100_0429.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 99
  • TO in Delta Slip 100_0416.jpg
    TO in Delta Slip 100_0416.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts