Plast-Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool stuff if all true...

Like a lot of the miracle glues that have come out for the last 20-30 years...I'd say 95% of more never lived up to their claims and are long gone.

For $25 though I may be tempted....

That looks like the "stuff" the dentist used to make the molds for my kids braces years ago.

Yeah, gotta have it. It will join duct tape, WD-40, a hammer and vice grips as one of my universal tools.

The MSDS lists it as a CAS 80-62-6, Methyl Methacrylate, which is a somewhat common industrial adhesive (we used Plexsus), new boats may actually be glued together with it for all I know.

The problem I see with it, is that it is quite volatile and the MMA probably has a pretty short shelf life, particularly after you've opened the bottle.

There are a lot of great adhesives on the market, just not so many at a retail market.

The MSDS lists it as a CAS 80-62-6, Methyl Methacrylate....it is quite volatile and the MMA probably has a pretty short shelf life
Judging from the manic submariner, a good glue for sniffing.

Yeah, gotta have it. It will join duct tape, WD-40, a hammer and vice grips ...........

I had to read that twice. I was picturing in my mind a roll of duck tape joined to a can of WD-40, joined to a hammer and a pair of vice grips! :D

I had to read that twice. I was picturing in my mind a roll of duck tape joined to a can of WD-40, joined to a hammer and a pair of vice grips! :D

You might be on to something there! A new Leatherman Multi-Tool.

I think that the tool is a VISE GRIP.

Greetings,

I would add a set of this to my inventory as a supplementary to my main go to product. Epoxy Plumbers putty EpoxyGator.com - Epoxy Putty Repair Sticks Shows several products.
I have used this type of putty on many of my wood boat repairs. Soft wood removed and replaced with plumbers putty! In deep applications, inserting galvanized finishing nails into the good wood and surround the nails with the plumbers putty, within 15 minutes you are able to sand and paint.
I recently applied small amounts to nicks caused by the anchor flukes on our fiberglass boat.
Filled a couple of holes that had been drilled and now unused for electrical wires. Very comfortable to work with and the best part is the remainder of the putty not activated, remains ready for immediate use when ever.
I pack four tubes unused at all times. Should the need to fill a sizable hole or repair a major incident. It is a very reasonable proactive purchase.
Regards,
A.M.Johnson-Ketchikan
27' Marben pocket trawler

Back
Top Bottom