Sequoia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
My neighbor on the hard. That's about as storied as a cruiser gets! For those who don't know she is the US Presidential Yacht, now retired and working out of DC.

Attachments

• IMAG2268.jpg
    IMAG2268.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG2269.jpg
    IMAG2269.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 142
What a lady.

But I see (in the 2nd pic) she's not totally restored. On the link there is lots of VIP stuff but not much of anything about the boat itself and PICS.

Now that`s definitely a motor yacht!

What a lady.

"On the link there is lots of VIP stuff but not much of anything about the boat itself and PICS."

Yes I agree Eric, I was looking forward to looking at the photo gallery only to be disappointed on what was on offer, lots about famous people not much about the yacht itself.

We saw here about 5 years ago when she was on the hard in VA...at the marina right there at the first lock going south from Norfolk..... She was having a lot of bottom work done...the guys told me the FIRST order of bronze screws was "10,000"!!

img_119058_0_bc10bb36d8568c8424d4b7871045816d.jpg

img_119058_1_3130ccb79434483eb7b52fb4e01ea505.jpg

img_119058_2_7fe45fde9f56f7697cfafdf80ec4eb11.jpg

I remember seeing a guy with a big chisel in one hand and a deadblow hammer in the other....just pounding away at the bottom of the stern.....OUCH!!

Might be the angle of the photos, but she looks a bit hogged in the stern.

I agree with Northern Spy- She is "Hogged". Much like the USS Constitution, everything in the ship building world has, I believe, been attempted to eleminate the "hog". It seems once a boat, and I have witnessed plenty-Wood Fishing boats, develops this "Hog" unabated, it will evenutally decree the death sentence for the boat. Unless of course, you are the U.S.Government. or a very wealthy owner.
Just saying,

A.M (Al) Johnson-Ketchikan
27' Marben-pocket trawler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom