Wind Horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
*I do not know if many folks here bother with PM , but at last a good article.

The review of what worked and what didnt on WH is worth the price of the mag.

Also the profile of a seagoing boat , to compare to the usual 3 story "cottage" trawler , might bring some reality to folks dreams of taking a cottage out in blue water.

Great ship- I notice it is twin engine................
yawn.gif

. A 62' Nordhavn is a sea going 3 story cottage trawler that has everything except the speed....which is a relative thing.

Read again Beede's concept of A/B ratio , before taking a 3 story cottage in deep water.

While both use stabelizers to attempt to smooth the ride , the question becomes how much volume does a crew of 2 need to voyage?

WH seems to have found an answer , one that could avoid marinas forever , rather than run from one to the next.

Different strokes for different views on what IS "cruising"

Ditto,Unfortunatley I will probably spend more time hooked to a cleat than cruising to Cancun. Not that I wouldn't love to. Coastal cruisin' ain't so bad...........

I will probably spend more time hooked to a cleat than cruising to Cancun. Not that I wouldn't love to. Coastal cruisin' ain't so bad...........

So it is for most folks , but the owners of a vessel that can actually OCEAN cruise seem to do so far more than the dockside water cottage folks.

Interestingly many seem to prefer to go NORTH , above the ice line , Norway , Iceland etc , rather than sit swatting bugs or hiding inside a darkened boat with canned recycled air from a shore powered air cond.

"Wind Horse is efficient, relatively fast, with flat bottom has a nasty roll at anchor (just look at it), big greenhouse so it's hot inside, and provides very limited living space for the length. "

At 85loa ft its probably not a lot like camping

A narrow vessel , if done right will not roll like the top heavy usual cottage cruiser , the very (relativly) narrow beam causes the boat to SURGE , the entire boat lifts , rather than pendulum rolls. Far easier to live with .

Dave Geere in the nature of boats has simple enough graphs to figure it out.

However since you can see a boats underside from looking at the deck house profile and glass area I'm sure you already can visualize the 6 motions a boat (or fly toy) exhibits and know how to minimize or optomise the motion.

Back
Top Bottom